Tsylyst

The Amazing Race – Season 26 – General Discussion

The cast was announced today for TAR 26: http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2015/01/20/olympic-medalists-new-kid-on-the-block-to-try-the-amazing-race/ (I used this link because you don't have to scroll through one of those annoying slideshows to view the cast)

You can also go here to see the videos: http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/bjiG5ObaNrvGtRBwPV_EmVvj1vzNzA6J/amazing-race-meet-the-amazing-race-cast/

Olympic medalist, New Kids On the Block member, a MASTER hairstylist, people in pre-existing relationships and people that have never met on 'blind dates'. I wonder if they'll pair up the doctor and the nurse.

Oh, there's a pro dancer from Vegas too. A couple lawyers. A male pageant consultant and someone who's occupation is 'co-founder of HORSE'. I don't know what that even is.

How are they going to connect the 'blind date' couples to make them a team?

Tsylyst   

There's also this:

"As part of the new twist, the teams will have the opportunity to win a new "date night" reward, wherein one couple will take part in a romantic activity such as a night at a hot springs resort in Nagano, Japan, or star-gazing at the Bavarian Public Observatory in Munich, Germany."

Fisty will get team threads posted tonight!

MrsGryn   

Does "Date Night" eat into the 12 hour downtown teams usually have between legs? Because I'd be all...thanks, but point me to a place where I can sleep and shower.

ff174   

When the dance routine detour was introduced, did anyone else think of the Monty Python sketch, "The Ministry of Silly Walks."

Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller?

CazBot   

HA! ff174

I though the steps thing was fun though. I can't believe no one switched! 25 times! Get out of there.

Also, if I wanted to watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette, I would. Why do they have to be on dates, why can't they just be strangers.

MrsGryn   

I had thought the sake challenge was that they had to memorize seven different sakes! That seemed difficult, but then it was only one. Yeah, some of those teams should have pulled the plug much earlier.

ff174   

Yeah, that whole detour was poorly planned. I can see where one task is easier/quicker. But that one couple got the correct sake in one guess. Meanwhile, one couple took over 4 hours performing the Silly Walk March.

C'mon, show! You are better than that.

I kind of understand the logic of not changing detours. Even if you are sucking, everyone is sucking along with you. You know where everyone is. If you jump in a cab, you lose that "control," for lack of a better word. Plus navigating around Tokyo is not the most enticing thought.

MrsGryn   

And of course this was my favorite moment from the recap and the episode:

And then their train pulls away. Without them on it. Because they were too busy TAKING A FUCKING SELFIE to pay attention to the RACE. Isn't that pretty much the selfie culture in a nutshell -- so busy pointing a camera at yourself that you miss life happening all around you? Oh geez, now I sound like one of those old people. Actually, I sound like a hyena because I'm rolling on the floor laughing at the looks on Libby and CJ's faces as they realize they just missed their train to Nagano because of a boneheaded move. It's pretty fantastic. CJ looks at the camera man or producer off-camera in shock. "Is it 9:04!? It ain't leavin' is it?!"

Classic bonehead move. Whether the producers asked them to do a selfie at that moment or not, it was still their mistake to not keep track of time. But that philimination really was odd. CJ and Libby seemed to disconnected from the race, you would have thought they were a blind date couple, not people who had been together for 10 years. I want people on the race who want to be there!

Team MedicalWaste needs to stay at least until there is some sort of epic emotional breakdown.

Shannon   

I think Libby-ah had a fantasy where she was purposed to and given a giant ring in some foreign place she'd never heard of and oh yeah, winning a million dollars to plan her wedding, maybe Rachel showing up as part of the circus theme.

At least they are gone, I hate it when losers like this get to stay and play.

Again my Spell Check isn't working on this stie, why is that?