Tsylyst

America's Favorite – Who Do You Choose?

America's Favorite – Who Do You Choose?  

134 members have voted

1. Who is getting your votes for America's Favorite? (Pick more than one, if you are casting votes for more than one)

• Amber
    • Brittany
    • Caleb
    • Christine
    • Cody
    • Derrick
    • Devin
    • Donny
    • Frankie
    • Hayden
    • Jocasta
    • Joey
    • Nicole
    • Paola
    • Victoria
    • Zach

There are a couple I'd like to vote for but after seeing the results here, I raise my fist in HT solidarity and vow to vote Donny 20x a day.

I might throw one vote in Nicole's direction because she tried to make a big move when no one else would, but then she let herself get talked out of it.

So, all my other votes go to Donny.

I wish that Victoria's "winning by not winning" strategy was really a strategy. Third place is the worst place - what with all the stress of that final week and not getting much time to compare notes with the other jury members. I'd give her all 140-or-so votes if she'd actually win something.

I originally voted for Donny here, but seeing that he was running away with it, I threw Nicole a vote. She may not have had much game, but she was the polar opposite of Christine. And.. to me, she will always be the grown-up Olive Hooper from Little Miss Sunshine. Otherwise, I'm power voting for Donny on the CBS site.

I voted for Frankie here to represent the contingent of Amanda Grande worshippers/groupies.

If he wins, he will contribute a fraction to charity and the remainder on short shorts.

I read elsewhere that the Grande family (Ariana & mother) was tweeting out support for Zach and Donny for AFP. This is after the mother (sorry, I can't recall her name) said something along the lines of we'll push for Frankie to win this just like any other family and #sorrynotsorry if it is unfair because of who we are. Obviously, I'm paraphrasing everything said, but that is the general gist of it all. Anyway, my point is that they had full intentions at first of pushing for FtFW to win this no matter what anyone thinks about any possible unfair advantages due to Ariana's built-in fan base that might vote even if they never watched BB. Then they switched gears pretty quickly and started promoting Zach and Donny. Mostly Zach from the sounds of it.

I guess my question is, do you think that they were somehow given a heads up from CBS that FtFW wasn't even coming close to winning and they switched gears on how they were handling it to somehow save face for FtFW when he doesn't win? And maybe even so that they can take credit for the eventual winner? Maybe I'm being cynical, but I can't help but wonder at their sudden change of heart. Maybe Ariana's PR team advised her that supporting FtFW could hurt her. She's had quite a bit of negative press lately it seems and her brother can't be helping.

Magpie   

Interesting! And I think you are exactly right about why they would suddenly support the fan faves: so they can take credit and steal some limelight from the winner.

I guess another possible explanation is that they were hoping by promoting votes for both Zach and Donny, they could help to split the vote between them even more so that their little weasel could slide through with the win. I wouldn't put that thought past them either. I just don't understand changing from a quite snotty stance of we will promote him to our liking no matter who it pisses off to the very opposite altruistic generosity of hey go vote for Zach and Donny because we love them! And so very quickly changing their attitude about the whole thing. It reeks of something disingenuous.

zclue   

It reeks of something disingenuous.

Yes. Yes it does. These people are not novices when it comes to PR. I would be shocked if there wasn't an ulterior motive.

Barb4555   

I want Zach to get AFP. This is the first year I have ever voted and I voted the alloted number of times per day for Zach. I can't explain it but he got me somehow. I have watched BB every season since season one. This is the first time I have ever felt this way about any of the hammies. I really want Zach to get some $ plus it will piss off Christine and Fcubed. I really like Donny too but there is something about Zach. He has looks, personality, charm, and charisma. He tried so hard to be a villian but just couldn't pull it off. I have been watching youtubes of him (first time of ever doing that in 16 seasons too) and he actually had some encouraging words for Donny, Nicole and even Victoria at times. Any one who likes Zach (and even if you don't) go watch the youtube entitled Zach romances Victoria. Sorry I don't know how to do a link. I really hope to continue seeing Zach somewhere in the future..

MrsGryn   

I agree with you that he was not the villain he tried to be. My impression of him was that he is an overgrown kid with a lot of energy, he had a plan on playing the game, but his true sweetness would leak through from time to time. I hope we see him on an All-stars season.