Tsylyst

BB16 House Analysis and Discussion

Magpie   

And there's the biggest problem with Team America, in my opinion. Not that it could screw up a player's game, but the "team" thing, with 3 of them playing, makes it impossible for any one of them to decide to decline a challenge because to do so affects the other two. So Donny's most likely screwed either way. Either he gets on board with the TAFY plan and makes himself look suspicious to the other hammies, or he says "fuck this" and has Derrick and Frankie wanting to boot his ass.

And Team America is an alliance that benefits the stronger alliance. Thanks for the snoozefest, FUG! You fuckwit. I know I essentially called her the same thing twice. She deserves it. Fucker.

Tsylyst   

eta...if Donny is out of the house can Frankie and Derrick continue to do America's Player stuff and win money? I haven't seen that clarified anywhere yet. After reading the transcript linked above...Donny's a dead man walking if they can.

I think that if one of them is evicted that's the end of the twist. But I'm not 100% sure.

Donny wasn't very involved in this most recent task to get the fight started, either. He basically had the required meeting with Frankie and Derrick, and then they did all the work to rile up Caleb and Zach because it would have blown up Donny's nice-guy game to be encouraging someone to get into a fight.

I don't remember how involved he was in the dirty work to nominated Amber either, after the initial meeting.

He had a REALLY awkward meeting with Nicole to spread the Zach-is-Amanda's-cousin rumor that she didn't really buy at all, despite what the broadcast show tried to make it seem.

If Donny is refusing to fully participate in Team America tasks (and therefore removing the cash benefit for Derrick and Frankie) they have no reason to keep him around. All he becomes is a liability, and they can dump the Team America game and get back to their own.

chrysana   

To a certain extent, I blame America in addition to FUG. While Donny may be a great guy and well liked by viewers, he really isn't Team America material. When Eric was America's Player he had to lie and manipulate the others to do America's bidding. Nothing about Donny, indicated he was up for the job. America also voted for two of the members of Team America from the detonators/bomb squad alliance.

Had Team America been fully formed before Joey got the boot, she may have been saved, especially if Derrick or Frankie was part of TAFY...they would have fought to keep her to win some additional money.

Of course, this is all assuming FUG didn't manipulate the votes.

I don't understand Frankie and Derrick's reluctance to take on the challenge. The only person who may conceivably throw a vote Amber's way is Caleb. Even he is doubtful though. So if Derrick and Frankie throw a vote to a Amber, they could easily blame it on Caleb and Whoever else is who is expendable. What better way to convince everyone that the person needs to be the next HoH's target? Besides, all they have to do is blame the other person and then blame someone else later. This group of people is so doltish to catch on that they've been used.

I'm not really sure if I have a problem with this sort of TAFY challenge. These guys are earning more money than the other hammies and should have to work for it. At least one of them would have gone home with no cash without it. They easily could have won the last one if they hadn't told Caleb in advance that Amber was going up. There's a risk to this challenge, but it's not necessarily a game killer, especially in a group of hammies with the attention span and intellectual ability of goldfish.

Shannon   

On the show Chenbot said, when Donny was on the block, will TA lose a member, she said nothing about will TA lose a member so it will be gone altogether. So I'm taking that to mean that there will be TA even if one goes, or even if two go I guess, FUG will keep TA until she feels like stopping it. She could stop it if one goes, but I'm betting that would be because she was going to stop it at that point in the game anyway. I'm thinking the 3 members of TA is more so FUG's dumb twist can't be ruined by someone going home. They restarted the TA when Joey went so quickly, because FUG didn't want another Saboteur limp noodle of an idea.

edited to add the obvious, because I am Capt. Obvious

No one knew much when they voted for Joey, she had blue hair and looked like she might be fun. I voted for Frankie actually because I just knew he was going to be obnoxious, they tend to cast the token gay to be outlandish instead of entertaining or a good player, I wanted to fuck with his game by making him do stupid things. In fact, Frankie isn't playing a bad game, he still gets on my last nerve with his obnoxious behavior but he's close to Derrick's ability to manipulate idiots. When it got around to picking the other member and them being an alliance, I went for what I could see as good game ability and gave my votes to Derrick, and I still think he's the best player The fact that this bloated boys team has survived this long is a pat on their back but boring for my viewing. Add to that Frankie has that unfair advantage of being a teenyboppers YouTube *sensation* cough, and a teenybopper celebrity's brother. If they were letting us pick TA now, I'd have voted much more intelligently.

Edited by Shannon

I'm annoyed that they might choose to decline the challenge because of Donny. I understand that he's scared but he's also supposed to be a super fan and he should realize that he was chosen by us because we thought he would come through and do this stupid shit for us. If he doesn't want to play, why is he even in the house? The others seem to get this. Boo!

sbell111   

I don't understand Frankie and Derrick's reluctance. This seems like a fairly simply challenge that the two of them could easily perform.

tlh9   

If they'd accepted the challenge, would all three of them have to vote wonky? Or just one? Or... ?

JunkTV   

Frankie can't vote so the other two have to have a wonky vote.

Edited by JunkTV

Tsylyst   

Only two votes would have to be wonky, but all three would have to make accusations.

ETA: Plus what JunkTV said about Frankie.

ff174   

I took this from another site. It is, allegedly, word for word what Caleb said to Amber. It happened around 3:10 this afternoon. It is being called "The Banana Speech."

Caleb: "The outside looks bad."
Amber: "Get me a glove."
Caleb: "It's beat up, it's got a few bruises."
Amber: "It's the worst."
Caleb: "A little rough around the edges, but on the inside this banana is pure. It's white. It may have a different texture than you're used to. But you have to see a banana like a human. K? It's beat up, it looks disgusting on the outside, but you'll never know what it looks like until you get to the inside.But to get to the inside, you have to give the banana a chance. You have to open the banana. You have to peel it to see what's on the inside, and we all are different. Donny has a different texture than me. I have a different texture than Derrick. And at the end of the day, you never know - this might be the best banana you've ever eaten. That's how you look at a banana."

Amber: "That was the worst banana speech I've ever heard in my entire life."
Caleb: "I mean it's got some tattoos, you know?"
Amber: "It's an old man."
Caleb: "Huh?"
Amber: "It's an old man."
Caleb: "But if you open this banana up, it's beautiful on the inside."
Amber: "Caleb, stop talking."
Caleb: "There's no bruises on the inside. There's nothing on it. It's white. And it's a regular banana. Just sayin'. You have to look at them like humans sometimes."
Amber: "Ugh."

Dude is certifiable.

Edited by ff174

uaintjak   

Raise your hand if you think this week will be different than the previous weeks.