Tsylyst

BB16 House Analysis and Discussion

How long before they abandon this double HoH and 4 nom twist? Couple more weeks maybe? I feel like its about to run its course. The broadcast show is nothing but old, tired recycled competitions. It seems more so than ever, the broadcast doesnt represent what's going on in the house.

Shannon   

I'm guessing they might keep this up until they've gone through the two double evictions they need to do. Then it should be thinned out enough to have this bloated twist disappear. It hasn't bugged me as much as i thought it might, having another comp is kind of fun.

hefgypsy   

I think it would be a much more interesting twist if the 2 HOHs could not interact with each other until they lock in their keys.

Maybe lock them away in their different HOH rooms. The fact that they have been working together makes it boring.

sbell111   

I agree.

If a deposed HoH would get nominated, that might make them think twice about working together on noms.

Edited by sbell111

The problem with the dual HoH twist is that there aren't major factions in their house (yet). Think of how it could have changed the Game in other seasons if the factions had been pitted one on one to win the HoH.

So far, there are too many hammies who are willing to be accommodating, and the people who have been put up are people that no one was willing to fight to save. On the flip side, the only hammie that anyone is absolutely intent on evictIng is Devin.

Imagine if they'd had this last season. Or ED's season?

Agree Cripes, the alpha BS alliance didn't help. Hopefully it will spice up on Thursday with the next HOH comp winners.

Illuminating(?) conversation about the fitness bracelets last night about 10:15 in the HOH. Skippy was slow on the Fish button and finally just switched cams.

Amber: Didn't they say they're supposed to get people to (unitelligble)

Derrick: I don't wanna put words in their mouths. I just said, Hey it would be cool if you give us a cheat sheet so we know what the hell we're doing in here. They said, We'll let you know.

Hayden: They told me really quick about how they're not making, it's not a cash grab. They told me REAL quick.

Caleb: What's that mean?

Derrick: It's not for promotion.

Hayden: I thought, Aw they're probably just making a bunch of money off this - promoting these things.

FISH

Hayden: I didn't even read the papers I signed so...

Derrick: If they did, they would be - have us say the name. If they were making money off it they would have us say the name.

Hayden: Yeah they told us not to say...

Feed switches to FFF on fire bedroom.

Edited to add that you know the double HOH twist is a total flop when the HGs are having discussions with each other about how, if they both win HOH, one of them will nominate people and ask them to throw it so that the other person gets a chance to be HOH and get a letter from home. Isn't that just super nice? What in the hot hell?

Completely agree with HefGypsy that after the two HOHs are determined that they should be isolated from each other. I think they should do the eggs thing to see who gets to pick first and then HOH 1 chooses their noms and HOH2 gets to choose from whoever is left.

Edited by MockTurtle

Imagine having the two HOHs while doing a double eviction: a total nightmare, which is why I don't think we'll have one until after this twist is over. Also, I too think this twist would be better served if were to factions going head to head. That's why I thought they were doing something like heroes vs villains or a blood vs water twist this summer, just something that would pretty much force people to go against another group in the house. I suppose we still have time for something like that to happen.

Jade   

Shirtless Cody has been playing pool for about an hour now. So, that's what I'm watching.

But, if anyone's interested, Devin's taking turns with his "I know I played to fast" bullshit to anyone who'll listen. Currently, Donny is listening.

rogets   

Regarding the double HOH. I agree it has to end sooner rather than later and has kinda fallen flat since so far there aren't clear sides/teams/divisions or real conflict regarding who goes home. I do really, really, really like the new nomination ceremony and regardless of how the HOH changes I sure hope they don't get rid of that.

hefgypsy   

Digressing - why can't they tell us what the have-not foods consists of when we vote. I want to give the HGs the more disgusting choice but can't really tell by the descriptions.

sbell111   

Regarding the double HOH. I agree it has to end sooner rather than later and has kinda fallen flat since so far there aren't clear sides/teams/divisions or real conflict regarding who goes home. I do really, really, really like the new nomination ceremony and regardless of how the HOH changes I sure hope they don't get rid of that.

I. agree. Just tell me who you nominated and why. Last year's method of 'listing the houseguests by order of how much you like them' got tedious fast.

Digressing - why can't they tell us what the have-not foods consists of when we vote. I want to give the HGs the more disgusting choice but can't really tell by the descriptions.

i think that you've answered your own question.

demgirl   

The time to do the double HOH would have been an All Star season - it would actually be a huge twist to a game that the players assumed they knew, and it would be with players that would faction off early and sometimes use it strategically. Don't try it with a bunch of baby hammies. Moreover, it's problematic because it's a twist that will inherently work better later when strong alliances have formed and there is less chafe to clear in terms of expendable players, but at that point, you can't do it because there simply aren't enough hammies left. Like many of FUG's twists, it has the seed of an interesting twist to the game, but was thought out and executed poorly. Color me shocked.