gforce

Derrick - TAFY - Flying so far under the radar, he's walking to a win.

I commented on it early in the season. He and Devin (and Britney and Jocasta, for that matter) have no reason to whine about missing their kids when they were the ones who chose to leave them!

Derrick didn't milk it as much as many have. Maybe that's why people haven't been throwing rocks at him as much as past houseguests who whine daily about missing their kids.

I think Derrick is bringing it up more and more as he gets closer to the end, and I doubt that it's because he misses his child more. He wants people to remember that he's a father, and the money could benefit his child. Claiming "deserve" and "need" may just earn him a few votes. (I also think he brings up his child to remind Victoria that he's a married man and not to count on him doing anything about that loud ticking clock she's hearing!)

hefgypsy   

I wasn't talking about the HGs but more about the social media. Libra couldn't catch a break when she left those 2 little babies. It's still a double standard world I guess.

Magpie   

Or perhaps it's just that things have evolved somewhat in the six years that have passed since then. Opinions and attitudes change rapidly and constantly where social media is concerned.

Shannon   

Libra did bug me the most because her babies were still little babies, still a lot of bonding time, but that's my personal problem. A lot of parents have to leave little ones, choosing to play this game when your children aren't old enough to understand that you are coming back, gets to me. I don't know that it's a double standard so much as it's usually the mother who is more closely bonded when children are that young. But just as often the dad might be or grandparents or even day care workers.

Watching Derrick play with Victoria's hair with his little stick bothers me, I don't like that and I hope children never see something like that on TV not understanding using someone else's need to have them a man (in this case) to play a game. Again, my personal problem.

Tonight Derrick was talking to Caleb about Christine only voting for Cody and Beast Mode Dumbass said that she would vote for Caleb over Cody because she is a super fan and she will vote for game play. What game play Caleb? Being lucky enough to be in an over bloated alliance? I don't think that counts. So I only caught that little part, was Derrick trying to move him toward voting out Nicole then put up Christine and vote her out? Or is Donny still going?

Derrick is going all-out for the Donny's vote..

All season, Donny has been telling people that they needed to worry about the alliance in general and Derrick and Cody in particular. Donny has also let it be known that he's all about his friends.

Derrick is making sure that Donny believes that his eviction was all Cody's stupid fault and that Derrick tried to save him.

Cody has no chance of getting Donny's vote now unless someone else can convince Donny that Derrick talked Cody out of using the PoV to back door Frankie. Since no one but Cody knows about it, I doubt Donny would believe it.

A defense guess for going after the money: He just saw his daughter and wanted to make sure he made "some" money this summer, since he might not win the big money.

hefgypsy   

NO EXCUSE! His co-Hit Man couldn't fight for himself and it was up to Derrick to stand up to the plate. If I was Cody, I would be pissed. Remember how pissed he was at Caleb with he took the $5K instead of the POV? But...Derrick will sweet talk him and all will be forgiven. Derrick is such a douche bag.

And...Donny saw right through that bullshit good-bye message. I practically saw him roll his eyes.

I hope this is the beginning of the end for this guy (but I doubt it.)

Magpie   

Maybe Derrick doesn't care if Cody gets booted now that Cody's won a couple of HOHs and has some sort of argument to make to the jury as to why he should win. This is ultimately an individual game, and I can't blame Derrick for wanting the money, particularly right after tearing up at seeing the video of his child. If he put the interests of his little girl above those of Cody, it's fine with me. Cody needs to get his own ass to Final 2.

Shannon   

That was hard for me to watch, he didn't even see his baby talking to him, he went all sobs so quickly and had his head in his hands. Whatever anyone thinks of Derrick or his game, he loves his baby and this has to be hard as hell. As for his game play, I'm am more impressed each week, how he maneuvers, how untainted he stays, it's crazy good shit. But I think his down fall will be dragging Victoria to the end. He's pushing the envelope with his wife by playing Victoria just because she's the least likely to win, when he can win sitting next to a lot of them, it could blow up because the guys don't want Victoria there, they want her around as a vote but if Derrick looks guilty when one of the guys go and he has saved Vic, they could all turn on him. I think whether or not he gets Donny's vote would depend on who Derrick is sitting next to. Donny would give Nicole his vote, and maybe Victoria, but probably not most of the other guys. Still, depends on how pissed off Donny is about Derrick not helping him.

hefgypsy   

I think that Derrick knows he will have to sacrifice Victoria eventually. Yes, he would love to bring her to the end, but I think he realizes that it may not happen. He will not ruin his game by pushing for her to stay.

I agree that Derrick is playing a great game but it is so 'soft' and manipulative, that these knuckleheads will not be able to see it when the person sitting next to them starts counting off how many comps they won. Certainly Caleb will vote for the most 'beastly' and if Cody is sitting next to Derrick, as long as Cody's speech indicates that Derrick and him were a DUO and all decisions were made as a team, Cody can win because he has the addition of winning comps to his resume (and the girls love him).

Even though Derrick is the best player, I think he has a long road ahead to prove that he played the best if he's sitting in the Final 2 chairs.

ETA - I don't care how sad Derrick was when he saw his daughter. If he didn't want to miss her, he should have stayed home. (Boy, am I mean!)

Edited by hefgypsy

Even though nobody believed Donny when he told them Derrick was bringing Victoria to the finals, it's possible he planted a little seedling with it. The more he tries to get rid of others over Victoria, they might just start to believe that little tidbit.

He might already see that but at this point he might actually need Victoria to sit next to him to win. Are enough jury members going to believe that Derrick was behind so many plays? Who knows. They are all so dumb.

Honestly, I am fully expecting that to be the cherry on top of this sundae of a season. He's going to make it to the end with his exceptional game play, but it will have been too damn subtle for these fools and they will vote for the person sitting next to him because they won something. Anything. He's spent so much of the game making all of them feel like HIS moves are actually their ideas that they won't believe him even when he spells it all out for them. His downfall is going to be that his game was TOO smooth.

I'll admit it. I'm a fan. He surprises and impresses me with his game play. He deserves to win, IMHO. I want to say that he will hands down win it, but I'm worried for him that all of his careful hard work will be for nothing.

demgirl   

Derrick's honestly one of the best players this game has seen. It's just that he bores me. A lot. But I'm going to be super annoyed if he doesn't win, although I certainly agree that his biggest problem is that he's stuck with a bunch of morons on the jury who can't put the pieces together that he orchestrated basically the entire season. He needs to be next to Victoria or Christine at the end to guarantee a win. Frankie's a good third choice. Cody or Caleb could be real issues for him. His biggest mistake may be not flipping the house this past week. He could have easily convinced Cody to backdoor Caleb and said to Donny, "Promise me final four" and Donny would have stuck to that and then he, Donny, Cody and Victoria could have worked together. If he doesn't win, I am going to trace it back to his decision last week.

ff174   

I just don't see who he would lose to. I think that only person that would have given him a run for his money was Donny, and I still think he would beat him. In that scenario, He would have Cody, Caleb and Frankie's vote at a minimum.

He'd wax any of the remaining girls. And I don't think any of the girls (except maybe Christine) would give Frankie the win over him.

Then, there is Caleb, who I think he would beat handily.

Maybe Cody. But, in addition to this being a boring bunch, there has been very little hatred and animous. I think that the jury would make the rational, well thought out decision that Derrick played an excellent game.

I will also say that if he is able to drag to Victoria to the end, he is right up there with Jun, Dan and Dr. WIll.