gforce

Derrick - TAFY - Flying so far under the radar, he's walking to a win.

And with all the talking he has done to smooth over situations don't you think he would be able to talk his game moves to cement a win at the end? I mean, Derrick is no dummy. As much as he can go on and on there is no way Derrick is not going to be able to plead his case. And he's a freaking officer. He has been mentally drafting his case and making adjustments from week to week.

As much as I want a power move I would be disappointed not to see him plead his case in final 2.

hefgypsy   

I agree that Derrick is a great game player.

That being said, he reminds me of someone you meet at a party who has you cornered. After the first 30 seconds, you totally have tuned him out. By the time the clock hits 60 seconds, you are ready to put a bullet in your head.

Even his speech pattern is dull and monotone.

Shannon   

That monotone is exactly what gets criminals to confess or at least slip up, but yes, as much as I think he could talk his way into winning in F2, it could turn on him if the Hammies are bored when he speaks way too long. Derricks effects only work with one on one, or better with one on one, because when a group starts comparing notes, Derrick could lose the crowd. We shall see, since I think it would take a major case of balls & luck to get Derrick out now.

Tsylyst   

Best case scenario to get Derrick out at this point would involve another Double Eviction where he doesn't have time to worm his way into anyone's head.

hefgypsy   

He has done such a great job making the HGs think that they are thinking and making all the moves on their own, he might have trouble convincing them that he masterminded it all when he gets to final 2.

The problem with convincing others that he master-minded everything is that they have to be willing to believe that they didn't. I don't doubt that Derrick can sell ice to an Eskimo, but I do doubt that anyone can get the other hammies to set their egos aside long enough to see the truth. If that was possible, they would already see that he's yanking their strings. With the exception of Donny, that hasn't happened!

Well Derrick somewhat voiced those concerns on live feeds although Caleb was in the mix

Derrick 2 Cody: We've played a similar low-key game and we'd have a problem explaining that in 2 minutes against Caleb in the finals.

-----------

So Derrick is aware he has to find a way to communicate his game. I'm curious to see what he comes up with.

Edited by lurker
deleted lol

I have to clarify, and i apologize if this is a rehash but I have not read it here, but Derrick is not a Providence cop, he is a Central Falls cop. CF is pretty much the smallest city in RI (its roughly a little over mile big) with the worst crime and school statistics in the entire state. I was born and raised in Providence and I personally can count the times I voluntarily went to CF on one hand. I have lived in the Bronx for a decade and felt safer than I ever did in CF. I think it says a lot about Derrick's character to remain in CF when most officers attempt to go to Providence or become a state trooper. He's probably on the lowest paying force in the state with barely anything in his pension so I can get where his drive is coming from. He's undercover career is done now and he's gambling on winning at this point. Being undercover in CF is not a joke and I totally understand how he's using his skills to jedi mind trick these foolish hammies.

Edited by BronxToni78

demgirl   

If Derrick gives it any kind of serious thought, Donny is a lot more likely to win PoV next week compared to Nicole, which could be exceedingly dangerous for Derrick if he's HoH, and dangerous in that it might end up losing him Victoria.

Does Derrick think the viewers are as dumb as the people in the house? He knows we see everything. Trying to mist us while he voted and said gotta save Donnie he's Team America? It's no secret Derrick wants Donnie out. Me thinks his heads getting just a wee bit big.

Shannon   

Derrick's dad looks like someone he'd have to arrest.

Yeah I thought the save Team America's Donny was thinking we don't have live feeds or recappers.

Magpie   

I took it as him being well aware that there are plenty of viewers who only watch the broadcast shows and have no idea that feeds and/or recaps even exist (despite the Chenbot pimping the feeds). There are loads of viewers who don't see anything, but instead see what FUG wants them to see, and I think that is Derrick's "audience" when he does the "suck up to America" thing.

I was thinking you were right Magpie, that he was talking to the people without the live feeds, just the broadcast viewers.

But I don't know now. I was just watching the live feeds of him and Frankie alone. He was saying they always wanted to work with Donnie and Donnie wouldn't work with them. Then he says that he and Frankie never really wanted Donnie out, which is not true. Donnie was the target, right down to trying to throw the comp to keep him on the block. Why lie when it's just him and Frankie? Who is he lying to?

JunkTV   

He has mentioned how he heard people cheering when Donny won. Derrick is playing the game and knows that his stock outside of the house goes way up if he is on the popular side. I think every move he makes is calculated. He wants Donny out but doesn't want it to appear that he has anything to do with Donny leaving. He is so aware of the feeders too.