Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Big Brother Canada - Season 3

gforce   

As much as I don't care for Zach, it bugs me more to see someone accuse somebody of playing the game only for themselves. If I was him I would have told Sarah that "Yeah, I'm hoping to win this game - how about yourself?" She annoys.

It shouldn't be any shock to Sindy (and it wasn't) that she was nom'ed. She played really hard (which is fun to watch), but with that many people in on the plan to get rid of JP, she should have know that someone was bound to talk.

In other news, this is on the feeds right now:

bbcan1_zpslmoluoab.png

Not sure what's going on there - some kind of comp, or something they have to do to win something? Bobby and Bruno are walking on a treadmill that's the bottom of the car. Meanwhile, Bruno is completely ripping on his cousin about some internal family business politics which would be sending us to FOTH ages ago on the US version. No need of releases here, I guess!

They've got another 10 mins to go, apparently. Also, they are not allowed to comment on the scenery, and it's only on about a 10 sec loop - so they're seeing the same thing over and over and over again.

ETA: It does sound like it's for some kind of "surprise". They have to do it in shifts for 24 hours.

gforce   

Well, that triple eviction episode was... intense. I was stunned at first by who voted for who (and Bruno vetoing Zach?) but in the end it does kind of make sense for their games. Anyway, crazy night!

O. M. G. Crazy intense. Bobby’s eviction was basically a foregone conclusion, but the randomness of an accelerated HoH/PoV/eviction cycle with an additional eviction? Yeah, fortunes changed quite dramatically.

I think Zach only voted Willow safe due to Bruno’s chop shop veto save (and the vote shows there was no men’s alliance at that point for all of Bobby’s and Godfrey’s bluster). Sarah voting Pili safe over Willow (and her DR reasoning) is a mystery to me since technically she was the swing. Still, the chop shop roster is intact sans Bobby now that the diaper alliance has been flushed. Oops, I forgot about Willow. That just leaves Bruno, Zach, and Ash in the chop shop. Maybe Zach and Ash should have kept Kevin? But then, the speed at which the night went down probably messed with their mental gummy math.

*Sigh* Now my favourite (and evicted Johnny’s) eye candy Kevin is out of the house. Zach is so meh-vanilla personality-wise.

Will these ladies who now have the numerical advantage actually be able to take out the guys? Years of watching BB and Survivor on CBS has me leaning towards “no.” But I’m open to being pleasantly surprised.

ETA: Can Jordan sustain a jury house grudge against Sindy after she revealed she campaigned against him? Perhaps only little Jordan can answer that.

Also, after the season 1 finale vote fiasco, notice how deliberately Arisa repeated that they were voting to save rather than evict one of the 3 noms.

Edited by ShyLurkerGuy

gforce   

I was a Kevin fan at first, but he seemed to be starting to get a bit convinced of his own awesomeness, which diminished that. I'm actually hoping for Bruno now, he seems a perpetual underdog, but still keeps surviving. So far.

I almost felt bad for the hammies at the end of the show last night. They all looked exhausted and kind of traumatized. I actually felt a little overwhelmed myself!

The great thing, gforce, is that the feeling of being overwhelmed seems to come more from the nearly-constant game shifts than from petty interpersonal crap drama. You almost don’t mind the rare lulls because you’re recovering from the last major shift and bracing for the next.

gforce   

And they just keep coming - I'm figuring it's going to be like this right to the end, which is a refreshing change.

What about that last HOH comp? I'm surprised that they went to the "let's put them in actual torture devices" route, but I heartily approve! Also, how long did that take to set up? They're killing it with the set design this year.

bobane   

The competitions have sure been extreme. All I could think of last night with the shaking on the rack one, was shaken baby syndrome. I'm surprised that wasn't a health risk. That must have given them quite a headache. Good for her for lasting it out.

OH WOW. I would of been out of that last competition when the worms started to drop. GROSS!!! Big Brother Canada is no joke when it comes to the competitions. Still not a fan of the double POW. To me its just messing to much with the game.

gforce   

Yeah, those "distractions" in the "100 Minutes of Hell" challenge were really something else. They did everything from having recordings of family members saying hi to them to shooting live meal worms (and I mean a LOT of them) at their heads. Not to mention the ice water and the evil clown.

chrysana   

The double POV messed with their game and I'm not sure how I feel about outside influence. It always messes up someone's game and there is no real way to plan for such unknowns. So, if I was playing for the money they'd annoy me. Although, Arisa said (on the Aftershow) that part of BB is being prepared for these outside the house and totally unknown twists. As a spectator, they're great. It's always entertaining seeing new alliances take shape after a blindside.

I was amazed at how close the Sarah came to the 100 minutes; a minute and a half off is pretty darn good. The cold water would have had me out of the box. They were shaking. The worms were pretty gross too. The last two HOH comps have been nasty. There are only so many things you can do in a backyard; but, these were new ideas and competitions.

I'm interested to see what happens next. If all goes according to plan this week there will be two diaper alliance members left on one side, Sarah and Brittnee on the other with Godfrey floating in the middle. I'll be honest, I just don't know where Godfrey's loyalties would fall. He'll probably throw yet another HOH as he'll know he's safe - the duos will target each other.

gforce   

Last night on the feeds, Zach and Britnee were talking about the numerous twists and saying how it was almost impossible to have an ongoing strategy. But they seemed to just acknowledge it as part of the show and said that they just have to take it day by day. They didn't seem particularly upset about it.

What it does do is keep it more entertaining as a viewer since even watching the feeds you really don't know how things are going to flip from one week to another. I can't remember ever being this close to the end of the season of BB and having the show be still as engaging as it was the first week.

The jury twist. Did not see that coming. Anything else up your sleeve for the finale, BBCAN production skippies?

So, when it gets down to F2 on finale night, there would be an even number of jury members thus far SO the F3 have been tasked to UNANIMOUSLY select one person from the currently sequestered to “evict” from the jury (basically wasting their time in the jury house), and the choice won’t be revealed until the live finale show this Wednesday, quite possibly just before the final vote for the winner.

And things got tense in the F3 deliberation before the fade to credits. So far, Ash and Sarah agreed to pull two choices each out as non-negotiable-to-keep, but Godfrey is balking hard. Godfrey’s got good valid points, especially that his game to this point (no deep allies) puts him at a disadvantage in this process, but it never ceases to amaze me how punk-ass dickish he can be expressing those points. Honestly, though, whether he knows it or not, I think there’s a strong chance Godfrey’s got the votes of gamer-minded Kevin and Bruno (and I suspect that he does know this and is just being dickish, but I also could be giving him way too much credit for his progress thus far). But if he does make it to F2, he’s lost the vote of whoever gets evicted next.

That being said, I don’t actually mind the drama of this F3 who have no real loyalties to each other since it would more-than-likely have been a much more predictable finale if either Brit or Sarah won this F4 PoV and beat out whoever the 3rd-wheel HG in the final challenge(s) for F2.

At this point, I have no idea who’ll win. I can’t even say who deserves it more as each have as much to discredit their game-play for as to be given credit for.

Also, I gotta give props to whoever writes and delivers the “Previously on BBCAN…” recap voiceovers. They have been amazingly spot on snarky in both content and inflection given the constraints of brevity.