Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

The Amazing Race – Season 25

From ff174's recap:

I don't have to tell you that the girlfriend became famous for losing her arm to a tiger shark, because I am sure the show is going to beat us over the head with that for as long as these two are in the race.

True - will TAR use the actual lost arm to beat us over the head?

On a side note, I do like the addition of the SAVE power, but would have rather seen it added as an additional challenge that racers could choose to go for during the first leg.

Edited by copssister

Shannon   

Got to give it to copssister for the arm I agree about the Save

So with this Save thingie, are they going to eliminate of the non-lims this season, or are they going to add a week since one week no one will go home? Or, will the team coming in second-to-last get eliminated if the last team uses the Save? Or wait, what if Tan Mom's Brother Team saves the Save and ends up going home with it un-used in their backpack.

I think they usually have a certain number of non-elimination legs already built in. If it's never used before the cut off date, the very next leg will probably be a non-elimination.

Tsylyst   

I think Will is probably right. There's a non-elim built in somewhere late in the race that will go away if the Save is used. Otherwise, they wouldn't know how to plan the final legs far enough in advance in terms of how much filming crew they need, how many spots at a challenge, etc.

MrsGryn   

It's one thing to jump in the water and let go but to squat over the boat? I'm still gobsmacked!

exhero   

If I had to go that bad I'd 'fall' in and take care of business.

Not squat pee in front of English boys while CBS hashtags it for the rest of the world to laugh at.

It's one thing to jump in the water and let go but to squat over the boat? I'm still gobsmacked!

Actually, I'm tinkled by it. I so wanted to change your but to butt in the quote, too.

If the shoe loser had been anyone other than Bethanny, I would have never given up my extra pair. However, since she's already challenged physically, in the end I'd have caved to my conscience (and the threat of race karma) and offered mine up. I may have even shared with her some vodka from my backpack.

I'm a tad disappointed in the Express Pass challenge - they seriously had to just GO to the pub and are handed the pass? I think the TAR folks have gone a bit easy on the difficulty-level for challenges so far this season.

ff174   

The cake checker looks like she likes the tanning lamps.

Maybe she is related to Jim.

Speaking of Jim, the faux tan is wearing off. He is looking a little grey.

Tsylyst   

Finale is confirmed as Dec. 19

The new season will continue on Friday nights starting Feb. 27.

MrsGryn   

I'm enjoying this season because the teams that are left are all people that, for one reason or another, I like. The wrestlers are hilariously self-deprecating, the dentists aren't the evil villains they were purported to be (but his Manson lamps still freak me out!), the bike messengers are having fun and are in contention to be an all-female winning team, TimJay are adorably cute, the Soul Surfers are mellow and cool, and the scientist gals...um...well, they sure are trying!

Seriously, I haven't gotten much of a personality whiff from the scientists. Does this mean they will be there to the end or that there really is no there there.