Photo courtesy CBS.COM

Name: Mark Jackson
Hometown: Clay County, Ky.
Previous Seasons: Season 20

Name: Mallory Ervin

Hometown: Morganfield, Kentucky

Previous Seasons: Seasons 17 & 18

ff174   

Their hook was that they were a couple of country bumpkins living somewhere in Bumfuck. As I remember, one of their wives was sick ... or had cancer ... or one of them was deaf ... or they didn't use the Express Pass.

Something like that.

I do remember that one of them had to perform a dance about 80 times before the judges took pity on him and gave the thumbs up.

demgirl   

Wait! These two I actually remember. I think the Booper one had a sick daughter. (Am I right that Booper is the one wearing the Kentucky shirt?)

ff174   

I remember them as having a blast during the race and going further than we expected. For that, I will root for them again.

I didn't mind them. However, I always have a problem with any racer that the show tries to cram down our throats with a sob story (like with team cancer, whom I also think are decent fellows). I mean, it isn't that racer's fault but still; it's annoying.

They seem like good, decent guys. They are in the group of racers that I either like or have no strong opinion of. They can stick around for a while.

ff174   

Really? I cheered.

I didn't cheer, but was kinda' happy. Mallory is easier on the eyes than Bopper ... or Mark ... or whomever had his pancreas explode.