Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Dave and Connor - Father and son (Team Injury/illness prone)

MrsGryn   

12182393933_e8083b8a47_n.jpg

Photo courtesy CBS.COM

Name: David O’Leary
Hometown: Salt Lake City, Utah
Previous Seasons: Season 22

Name: Connor O’Leary
Hometown: Salt Lake City, Utah
Previous Seasons: Season 22

Magpie   

One of maybe two teams I'm glad to see get another chance. I wasn't fond of the repeated cancer stories, but they did want to race and that's always appreciated.

I think this is my favorite returning team. They seem like nice guys and they aren't gonna bring the drama like Brenchel and Twinnies. If they remain accident free they might go far.

demgirl   

You know what I don't understand? Why, on all of these shows, when there is some sort of challenge that involves alcohol - not drinking alcohol persay - but just being around it, or answering questions about it, or doing something near alcohol, why is that when a contestant doesn't drink they have to go on and on about how they're at such a disadvantage in the task because they don't drink? These two must have mentioned that fact 3 or 4 times last night and I just kept thinking - what the hell does drinking have to do with being able to pour colored water (because you know that wasn't alcohol - no way they poured that much booze on the floor) from one line of glasses to another? Do they think this is what the average American is doing in the bar on the weekends?

Shannon   

I was hoping they'd get another chance since they did get a shitty break in their season...but gawd, STFU! Team We Don't Drink is boring, and I don't drink either, who cares.

ff174   

I don't really blame these two for their Cancer/Injury prone hook. That is what the producers have decided to use as their hook ... just like those same producers clubbing us over the head with the Globetrotters being Globetrotters. Neither team really has a say in how they are portrayed.

They seem nice, don't bitch at each other and are pretty damned good racers to boot. Plus, truth be told, Dave is kind of kick ass the way he kept winning legs with an effed-up achillies tendon the last time he appeared on the race.

They are a little dull, but I wouldn't have a problem with these two winning.

tlh9   

I thought the same thing ~ artfully pouring drinks has nothing to do with actually drinking booze. And yeah, no way that was really alcohol ~ it's too damned expensive to waste that much of it!

Anyway, while watching that, my feeling was they kept bringing it up because they felt nervous and very out-of-place in that overall environment. Especially at first. Fish out of water thing.

Hell, I *do* drink, but I would feel a bit nervous and out of place in that particular environment. I'm not a club-type person at all, and have no desire to be in such a place. I just hate that many people and that much noise crammed all into one place, and all that. But I'm better at covering such things and appearing to blend in then they are, should I find that I *must* be in such a place for some legit reason. Heh.

Shannon   

Traveling around the world, trying to out race other groups, not speaking the language....hell I'd feel out of place any where they go.

[Phil Keoghan voice] Dave, Connor, I'm sorry to tell you.. there is no Miss Congenially in the Amazing Race![/PK voice]. Borrow April's clue, guys. Any of the nice, kind, good teams that you help or wait for are going to beat you in a foot race - even the "gals". So go back to Mormonia and justify your eventual loss by telling everyone that you played an honorable game. Just remember, you committed two of the seven deadly sins and possibly broke one of the Commandments...In a church!

ff174   

I can almost forgive Connor for some of the shit that he is spewing about Rachel and Brendon. He is young and has a lot of growing up to do.

However, there is no excuse for the way Dave is acting. He's a grown-assed man and is setting a shitty example for his son.