Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

The Amazing Race 24 - General Show Analysis

I am thrilled that Brenchel didn't win and there won't be any Brenchel babies anytime soon (not until Brendan graduates? he could be an old man by then), but I agree that there should have been some kind of mental challenge. Usually the final challenge involves a memory challenge of putting destinations/tasks in order. Jumping out of a helicopter was just too easy.

It really was decided by the taxi drivers and it was kinda made all the better by Brendon trying his hardest to steal the taxi that was waiting.

Magpie   

I liked it only because the imagery of Oldest Winner Ever Dave dropping down from the sky before he headed to the mat was cool. But I'm SLOWOLD too so maybe that's why I liked it. The scary thing about a mental challenge in this particular season would be with our luck, Rachel would have rocked it and then we'd have spawning.

ff174   

Speaking for the city of Los Angeles, I'd like to say thank you, Dave and Connor. In my opinion, Rachel made a verbal contract with us. No win, no evil devil spawn with prehensile tails.

I'm calling a lawyer in the morning to see if any of this binding. I'll do everything I can to see that Rachel's womb remains barren.

And, I have to agree with those who said that the lack of a mental challenge was disappointing. It robbed me of one more opportunity to hear Rachel blubbering about how unfair TAR was.

Edited by ff174

I am in total awe of MrsGryn for posting the fastest recap evah! She wrote this recap in less time than it took for the Brenchal to find the clue box at the Mirage. On top of that, it was brilliant.. funny.. everything a recapper strives for but, speaking for myself, rarely achieves. DAMN YOU GRYN!!! Way to set the bar out of reach for us mere mortals.

chrysana   

I don't care that we didn't have the final mental challenge...I care that there didn't seem to be a challenge at all in that final leg. As has been stated, the winner was clearly decided by who had the best cab driver. Had Brenchel won because of their cab driver, I would have been livid. It's tolerable because it was Dave and Connor.

On a side note, I wish the racers (Brenchel) would quit begging cabbies to go faster because they are in a race for a million. I'm thinking the cabbie just doesn't care...it's not like he/she is going to get part of that win. Loved the cabbie that said she wouldn't speed because she'd get a speeding ticket.

MrsGryn   

DAMN YOU GRYN!!!

Mwahaha!

I loved that Brenchel's cabbie refused to speed. Hey, she's the one with an actual job, you louts. She's the one who is going to get a ticket and be written up at work or whatever they do to cab drivers in Las Vegas.