Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

The Amazing Race 24 - General Show Analysis

angelmi   

We was so close to drowning both Brendon and Rachel. I wanted them out so bad last night. Her saying she just wants to live now. Cowboys are doing so good.

ff174   

The difference between The Assanimals and The Globetrotters? When Leo played to the factory workers I wanted him to die in a fire. When Flight Time did his thing with the basketball, I smiled.

Shannon   

Since the awful mother and son duo are gone, no one is really bugging me too much, not even B&R or the Animals. I should probably knock on wood.

I seriously think the producers are screwing with us. ANOTHER non-elimination leg? Also, I'm getting tired of the four three morally superior tribes (the Animals are just taking advantage of the situation). If Rachel and Brendon were overheard trashing them, we'd be hearing about what monsters R&B were. BB and Survivor are social games, TAR is a race. STFU and run.

MrsGryn   

I don't mind the Accidental Alliance, despite the stupid name, because they are against Brenchel. Now, granted Brenchel (or in Brendon's shirt's case, "Brenchel's") are much less obnoxious and annoying this go round than they have ever been on TV, ever, however...they are still Brendon and Rachel. Some things are really hard to get past. I never should have watched that wedding special.

That said, I'm perfectly fine with any of the teams that are left winning, and yes, this includes the blondes. Reasons:

Cowboys: They are good racers, they are smart, they are kind to each other and don't go out of their way to belittle or abuse other teams. I like how they roll along, plus I was pretty impressed that Jet knew the giant hole borer-thingee just from watching TV.

Afghanimals: Now I can see these guys have some charm to them, since they aren't ululating ever five fricking minutes. They smile a lot, they seem to laugh at themselves a bit and even though they go over the top with their enthusiam, they do stop for a few mintues and enjoy the view along the race path. Plus they seem to genuinely like interacting with people from other lands, and that makes for happier viewing.

Blondes: I do like all-girl teams to have a shot at winning. They a nice to each other and nice to other racers, because if they weren't there is no way anyone would have helped them as much as they have been helped. I always say you have to go with whatever *INSERT DEITY OF YOUR CHOICE HERE* gives you, whether it's looks, whether it's intelligence, whatever it is, and maximize usage. They do this with their cuteness but still manage to not seem like total bitches.

Connor and Dave: Well, yeah, I'm routing for the old guy. I know people are mad at them for being mad at Rachel for not telling them where the cluebox is, and I totally get Rachel's choice, but we don't really know how much has gone on before on the race with teams telling other teams where the boxes are, etc. It's entirely possible that has been the standard and suddenly it changed and Dave & Connor didn't get it. It's also telling that ALL the other teams are against Brenchel rather than D&C.

Brenchel: Again, much less obnoxious than they were in any previous incarnation but they still aren't my favorites to win. I do agree that their attitude of "It's a raaaaace!" is correct. One thing I like about them is that even when they make a mistake, they recover from it and get past it. Their interpersonal dynamic is still dysfunctional but not as bad as it was in the past, at least not in the edited version that we're seeing. Also, Rachel keeps favoriting Fisty's tweets (if you're not following Fisty, what's wrong with you?) so I have to appreciate Rachel for that at least.

Shannon   

Sadly, because I still hate them because I know they from so many shows they've ruined for me, R&B aren't bugging the crap out of me, and for once if they won this (ACK!) it's because they deserve to as much as any of the others. Spit. I can't believe I'm saying this! Damn you bitches!

The only real thing bugging me about the other teams (I'm talking to you whiny D&C) is this idea that they are the nice/good people and R&B are mean girls. Gawd, get over it and race you douche-bags. The animals and the cowboys are the ones, for me, who should win and so I hope it's the cowboys in the end but I'd be fine with the animals too. I think I would be doing more spitting if it's D&C and going into this race I probably would have wanted to see them win. At some point I want them to 'get' that this isn't a social gala and that while R&B are repulsive, they are playing the game as it was meant to be played, by out racing the others. I have zero feelings for the blondes, they bore me.

chrysana   

I can understand why C/D believe they have the right to be upset about the U-turn; the leg before they allowed Brenchel to come in first and gain the prize. But, to be honest that's on C/D. If you've watched reality TV BB or AR you know Rachel is all about the win...and little else (besides Brendon and now babies). As has been stated, this is a race not a popularity contest.

MrsGryn   

I'm annoyed, the blondes should not be in the final three, the animals were much better racers. Since this is where the oldest and youngest winner whiners helped the Blondes get, I hope they beat the pop & son. I hold the blondes being there solely on the back of Pop. Dammit I can't believe I'm going to find myself yet again, routing for Brenda and his beard for the win. ACK!!!

Meh. Better racers would have U-turned the Brenchel when they had a chance.

Shannon   

I agree with u-turning them but they didn't, I still would have rather seen the animals in the final three, and the cowboys, over pop and blondes. And I don't like any of them, so if the finish line just kept backing up until Phil was gone and the race was called on account of nobody cares...hey, that might be fun. Can you imagine if the baby wannabe makers were running forever until they melted into green slime.

Maybe I shouldn't post after taking a sleeping pill

CBS just announced it's new fall schedule. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/14/cbs-2014-15-primetime-schedule-mom-the-mentalist-csi-cyber-held-for-midseason/264216/ has the schedule here.

TAR has a new day and time:

FRIDAYS – At 8:00 PM, THE Amazing Race becomes the latest Emmy Award-winning reality series to open Friday night. It joins the top-rated duo of Hawaii Five-0 at 9:00 PM and the night’s #1 program, Blue Bloods, at 10:00 PM.

TAR...on Fridays...on time..every week? WHAT is happening?

Tsylyst   

No more golf/football/basketball delays, THAT's what!

Suck it, sports!

Alternately: The world is coming to an end, and we all need to hitch a ride off this rock, STAT.