Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

The Amazing Race 24 - General Show Analysis

gforce   

Can you imagine, a watermelon exploding as it hits Rachel's (or even better, Brendon's) head? I would probably have to stop watching TV forever, for nothing could ever top it.

Shannon   

Wouldn't that be the full monty of happiness! A great big, really pulled back hard with all of her or his might, and then the grand SPLAT! I think it has to be her because she would then go off like a freaking siren and would never shut the fuck up about it for the rest of her stupid life, and Brenda would the one who forever, the rest of his life, have to hear her screeching about it. And her nose would be even bigger.

AVorlon   

Why does this show have to torture us so? We never did anything to them.

What I would like to see is Tina Fey on this show, since she seems to have some time available now. She could be paired up with Amy, which would be great, but barring that they could get her paired up with Bristol Palin. It would be a weird mother-daughter pairing that would probably rake in the ratings.

Edited by AVorlon

ff174   

I'm not crazy about this cast. Half of the teams I actively dislike and the other half I like or am neutral.

Still, I'm this show's bitch. I love the travel, tasks, learning about other cultures and superb production.

Now, I just need for the Twinnies, AssAnimals, Luke and Mom, the YouTube twerps all to be eliminated before the final three.

And Rachel and Brendon can die in a fire.

Edited by ff174

ff174   

I just saw a promo for the race. It featured some brief action shots as well as some of the participating teams. Then, the promo closed with an ominous voice-over ...

" ... but, one team might not make it to the starting line."

I vote for Rachel and Brendon. But, the YouTube twits would work for me; or the Shrieking Harpies. How about the Ass-Animals? Luke and/or his mom could fall and break something.

I'm just sayin'.

Edited by ff174

AVorlon   

Well, they managed to bring back just about everyone that I didn't like for the past five seasons or so, and I'm looking forward to all of them going home. Someone will have to win, so I'll have to root for which ever team annoys me the least.

I'm confused. Why didn't any of these fools choose the China Cup option? I mean, lie down and let a nice Chinese herbalist remove all the toxins from your body, or attempt an activity that takes coordination when you're feeling extreme pressure? Most of the teams could stand a little detoxing. Hell, Team Cancer could have been cured, thus giving us carte blanche to snark guilt free.

I was wondering the same thing. I definitely would have gone for the relaxing task instead of the one I know would take me forever to do and would be very stressful. Maybe the other task was further away? Or maybe the clue told them the cups task would take a long time (say an hour) and they all thought they could do the feather ball task in less than that time. Whatever the case, I'd love to know what they were all thinking. I would never pass up a chance to be pampered.

I was thinking maybe none of them knew what cupping was or they only knew it by the massive ass bruises it leaves. That being said, I would have loved the chance to try it out. I've only seen it on TV and youtube, but it looks amazingly relaxing to me… once you get past the fire and the bruises.