Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

The Amazing Race 24 - General Show Analysis

ff174   

They are on my list ... of former TAR contestants I hope to never see again. Seriously, they are easily on my Top Ten Most Despised TAR Contestant list. Charla would blather about proving herself even though she was a little person, and in her next breath try to use her lack of height to gain pity. Mirna was an obnoxious, entitled hypocrite.

Sophy   

I know which team I am pulling for - Bopper and Mark for the win! Which means they won't (and will now likely be cursed by me and be eliminated before the race starts). Sorry guys.

So yea, after that - the Cowboys or the Globetrotters are cool with me. As are the father/son team.

As for the rest - Brenchel amuses me, as do the Garanimals. I think I am most disturbed to see Margie and Luke back again. Just no. Or maybe the twin twits?

Tsylyst   

OGG help me ... am I rooting for Brenchel? That's how much these other teams can SUCK IT. Kentucky, really? And those annoying twins? The Ass-animals? I hated the Globetrotters the first -- what, two times? Cowboys, ugh. Luke "I can do anything a hearing person can do except not really because I'm a whiny little punk" and his mother can just stop trying to prove themselves. And how many new stories about cancer are we going to have to hear this season from gimp daddy and son? Those Internet people were annoying as shit the first time -- they couldn't figure out what a map was, right? I liked the surfer dude and his girlfriend the first time around ... until they got eliminated for no reason while holding a freaking Express Pass. And the songwriters were utterly unmemorable.

Twinnies... nooooo!

Ok, that's out of my system. I have paired teams up into All Star super teams. This is how I see them matching up:

Team Middling East:

Afghanimals & Twinnies

Reasoning: All the loud and arrogant in one place. Plus, they are all polyglots and love showing that off.

Team Medic Alert:

Team Cancer & Team ASL

Reasoning: If there's a medical emergency statistically it's going to happen to one of these teams.

Team Fame Whore:

Team YouTube & Brenchel

Is an explanation necessary?

Team YeeHaw:

Cowboys, Country Singers & Children of the Corn*

Since there were 11 teams Jessica & John were odd ones out. I put them here because they're so gosh darn wholesome.

The final (and my favorite) match-up:

Team Salt of the Earth:

Bopper & Mark & The Globetrotters

Reasoning: These are four of the finest humans to ever play the game. I hope they actually do form an alliance.

Shannon   

I can't imagine rooting for anyone except Bopper & Mark, but we shall see. They may piss me off too. As for Rachel and Brenda, why? What have the Reality TV Gods have against me? And a baby, gawd but that would be one big, fat, ugly baby! How long has Brenda been going for his PhD? And I thought he was going to cure cancer, now it's Alzheimer's. When he's still in school a decade from now, maybe he'll be working on curing gargoyle feet. I have an idea, maybe they could both get a job and buy a house.

Luke and Mommy Dearest, these are the last two people I ever want to see on TV again, I'd rather have lunch with Brenda and talk about his science work. I'm kind of hoping the twins and geranimals run off together to mate in a hotel some where (off camera) and forget to go back to the race. And the Cowboys, really? I'm not really remembering the others much.

Oh wait, Team Cancer (damn, too bad Brenda didn't cure cancer) it's not that I particularly liked them, but I seem to remember they had to leave over something wrong with Dad, so at least I think I remember that they should have another chance, but maybe I've gotten them mixed up with another team.

Edited by Shannon

makani   

Maybe this could be a secret Producers' Revenge season and the tasks are going to be really, truly awful. Maybe they can just visit really awful countries... or stay in the US.

Shannon   

They better bring back the wooden bikes, on really rough cobblestone and a steep downhill, and the 500 pound cheese rolling with quicksand at the bottom and of course the crashing helicopter, while they visit Siberia from coast to coast. No planes, just dog sleds pulled by donkeys.