Sign in to follow this  
blurry

The Amazing Race - Past Seasons

blurry   

Season 8 premieres with a 2-hour extravaganza on September 27 at 9pm. Discuss your feelings about the first-ever family edition... or discuss favorite teams and moments of seasons past.

Reposted from general TV talk thread:

How lame is The Amazing Race gonna be this season? Your opinion?

I think it will be lame because they have the kids/family theme this time. With the younger kids how are they going to balance the competitions? Or will it be "you must be this tall to play in this competition" type deal.

I'm already missing BB.. I just hope survivor can fill the void (God Im such a Reality TV junkie...Im pathetic )

BTW Blurry...love the "Operation Mindcrime" FISTY!!!! Kinda fit this past season of BB as it was a Operation Mindcrime with the SCAGHAG mindfooking the FiendSHIT.

Edited by FAAmecanic

Sophy   

I too was disappointed in the "family" approach to TAR this time - but read the TV Guide info about the teams and discovered only a couple of the teams have young children. Most of the teams are adults, as I remember, and maybe 3 or 4 have kids - two with young children, the others with teens. But the rest are adult siblings, or a man with his three sons-in-law, like that. So maybe it'll be okay.

I am disappointed that so much of the show will be in the US - I love the international races for best flights, conquering the language barrier, etc.

But I love TAR so I'll give it a try at least - maybe we'll be surprised!

Edited by Sophy

Magpie   

I'm surprised to find that I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow night. I haven't liked the idea of the family teams at all, but as the time for the first show approaches, I'm humming the theme song and ready to go. I'll miss seeing the great international sights (I loved the whirling dervishes last season!), but I love this show, so I'll be watching.

Time to chair dance!

buffyvol   

I'm not watching it! I'm not watching it! I'm not watching it! My Reality show High Horse needs some exercize. I refuse to watch this!

*We are meeting up for chat, Right?*

I still aint watching this!

Cami   

I don't like the idea of families (with kids) because I think worry over the stress on the kids will get in the way of my normal evil, vicarious enjoyment of other people's suffering.

But I love Amazing Race, and I'm assuming it won't be too bad.

Heee, Buffy, take just a little peek!

I'm starting off pre-hating the whole FamTAR concept. I doubt it will have me changing the channel mostly because of chat. This version will have us really appreciating the regular version this fall.

I'm trying to save my sushi for the show, but dang, I'm hungry!

I can't hate the family concept. My seven year old thinks it's a great idea. Maybe they can have the kids do all the sprinting for the clue boxes. That's one way to wear the buggers out.

Hmmm...I'm a little worried that Phil never said "..on a race around the world!" just whatever miles they will be going. Not liking this so far...

I am rooting for the families with children and none of the ones that are all adult.

ETA: Except for the Paolo Family. Bunching is so wrong!

Edited by KristiinAZ

Shannon   

The mother in me hates the kids being on this show, it's too dangerous. Making me cringe. That little boy holding himself up over the muddy water yelling for his parents, ACK! I wanted to grab him up and put him in a nice warm bed after a good bath.

The widow almost bites it as the buggy rolls over her, and what's coming up behind them? A buggy with two young children in it! I'm telling you, it's like watching those parents who let their babies climb around on chairs like head injuries are funny!

I felt sorry for the kids of the Black family when they lost, but I'll find this show much easier to watch when the other family with young children is gone. I think this year is going to be the kind of let down that BB6 was with the dumbass team.

:P

Thoughts from TARSUV - Leg 1

This season is very, very, very loud…Way too much driving, way too little action.

The wanna-be-Soprano family need to go….NOW. Brian should be left on the side of the road – disrespectful asshat. That boy’s only redeeming moment was recognizing the Frank Frats.

Oh dear, the horror those children inside the buggy must have experienced as it ran over their mother. It had to bring up memories of the race car taking down their dad. Still, watching MomWeaver become a roadkill speedbump was some funny shit, yo’. This leg's life lesson: Speed kills, Amen.

$2.19/gallon….those were the days. And while they’re at the gas station, hey Racers, let me introduce you to my little friend, a road atlas. I’m a bit surprised the vehicles don't come with navigation systems since this race is really TARLite. I don’t HATE it, but it’s just not my TAR. (how many times over the next 10 weeks will we say "My show is broken"??)

Fingers crossed for a Rocky Mountain Oyster eating challenge as they land in Colorado. In fact, let’s add a boatload of hot sauce and call them Buffalo Rocky Mountain Oysters....and make the kids eat them.

So sad to see the Black family Philiminated so soon…booting the other teams with kids will be just as hard to watch. Those boys were quite stoic in the midst of defeat. The only family my ears can tolerate is gone…and for that, I’m sad.

Char Schroeder has no name – she’s just “StepMom”…interesting, did “RealMom” not sign a release? Oh, and her husband is a complete Tool – "Too bad we don't have any handicapped children we could push into traffic to block traffic to help us get ahead." – oh, no he di’int. It's about time for him to meet Karma Electra.

Hey Sistas, you cannot call yourselves Pink Ladies unless you’re ready to put on a satin jacket, violently chew your gum, mount a ladder, and sing “Cool Rider”.

Tiny bladders, but not one pee break? Are they making schuuttupid Dakota Fanning and her brother, Dork, pee into a coffee can in the back of the SUV??

I hear there is a “Rogers Family” team – but damn if I saw them at all during this leg of the race…

TARSUV really should have stopped by Blurry’s place…stepping your big toe into Blurry’s world just HAS to be more exciting than stepping back in time on an Amish farm.