Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Chester & Ephraim - Former NFL Teammates

MrsGryn   

9619622661_c61f006b65_o.jpg

Name: Chester Pitts II
Hometown: Missouri City, Texas
Current occupation: Sports Analyst for Texans Insider/Executive Consultant for ZT Wealth and Altus HMS.
*Played for Houston Texans and Seattle Seahawks for more than 10 years in the NFL
Name: Ephraim Salaam
Hometown: Studio City, Calif.
Current occupation: Co-host of Fox Sports Live.
*Played for Denver Broncos, Jacksonville Jaguars, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans and Atlanta Falcons for 13 years in the NFL
Connection: Former NFL Teammates

Okay, not that I really follow football at all, but I don't even recognize these names. If you spend 10+ years getting your head knocked in, you'd think your name would at least be recognizable.

ff174   

The thing is that they were both offensive tackles, which is probably the least glamorous position in football. I follow football pretty closely, and couldn't tell you more that a couple of offensive tackle's names. The fact that they played in the league for 10 and 13 years respectively tells me they were pretty good at their jobs.

It's also one of the least appreciated, seeing as these guys are the ones responsible for keeping your $20 million per year quarterback from getting their brains scrambled.

Edited by ff174

Being in Houston, I immediately recognized them as former members of my beloved Houston Texans. They were both great players with them team and were 'original Texans' in the early years of the franchise. Chester is actually still in Houston and is the sportscaster for the local NBC news team. I've met him a few times and he is a super nice guy. Can't wait to see what they do on this race!

MrsGryn   

I liked them right off the bat. If they keep their heads, they might actually be able to stay on for awhile.

bhnole   

Is this sports year?? Team Football, Team Baseball Wives and Team Hockey ice girls.....all they need is to bring back Team Globetrotters.

I was just meh with these two.

MrsGryn   

I love seeing a team I like win a prize because another team was acting like a douchebag. I like the NFLers. They aren't complainers, they don't have language skills like some other teams, but they still manage to get by and stay near the top of the pack.

ff174   

Well, that kind of sucked. I liked these guys, too. They handled their bad luck very well.

Sign in to follow this