Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Nicky & Kim - Baseball Wives

MrsGryn   

9622858410_23e49b1d74_o.jpg

Name: Nicole “Nicky” Getz
Hometown: Splits time between Kansas City and Troy, Mich.
Current occupation: Baseball Wife/Training to be a Pilates Instructor
*Married to Chris Getz, who played for the Chicago White Sox and Kansas City Royals (currently)
Name: Kim DeJesus
Hometown: Chicago
Current occupation: Baseball Wife
*Married to David DeJesu,s who played for the Kansas City Royals, Oakland Athletics, Chicago Cubs and Tampa Bay Rays (currently)
Connection: Baseball Wives

chrysana   

How is a "baseball wife" an occupation? I guess I should change all my forms and list my occupation as "teacher's wife".

Edited by chrysana

lurker   

It'll be interesting to see if that's how they self-identify, or if CBS gave them that "job."

Tsylyst   

I'm sure being a baseball wife is much the same as being a "Basketball Wife" or a "Football Wife," and there are entire reality series devoted to those.

ff174   

I hope they don't run the whole "As wives of Major League Baseball players ..." shtick into the ground, but I suspect they will. Just like all those years ago when they had a couple of wives who were married to a football players. It seemed that every confessional they gave, they started it by referencing exactly that fact.

It got old in the very first episode.

jerrye25   

Seriously, Chris Getz gets a wife that looks like that? He's a career .253 hitter for crying out loud. I picked the wrong profession.

Shannon   

Cheer up, maybe she smells bad or farts a lot or hates sex or laughs like GinaMarie on Helium.

Tsylyst   

Were they even ON this episode?

*looks at picture more closely*

Oh, right.

Their intro reminded me of Rachel and Elissa.

Dislike.

bhnole   

I dated a former "baseball girlfriend" who told me stories about how the teams pretty much had staffers whose only job was to keep them separate from the "wives" since a good number of players had one in each category.

I've about had it with these two. The little one is always on the verge of a breakdown and needs "a hug" before she can finish a task.

My hubs works in the front office of a major league baseball team and he observed that player's wives fall into two categories "before drafted" and "after drafted". These two strike me as the latter. I just always wonder, did they get their tits before they snagged a ball player, or did their hubs buy them afterwards.

Edited by MockTurtle

Tsylyst   

"Baseball bunnies" is a term for women that hook up with baseball players. Usually used in a derogatory way, maybe they're just owning it.

Sign in to follow this