Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Rupert - Returning Player

ff174   

Can't stand the fucker. Seriously, why does CBS feel the need to shove this douchebag down my throat?

Edited by ff174

chrysana   

Rupert's time is soooo done. I'm tired of seeing him and his stupid peace shirt.

Edited by chrysana

Why do people hate Rupert? I have watched Survivor off and on, seen some seasons and missed others. I know I saw his first season, but I'm not sure if I watched the other(s?). How many times has he been on? I liked him the first season. Should I be hating him?

MrsGryn   

I still like him!

Nixiechick, he can be bombastic and self-righteous and totally un-selfaware and is a stubborn, pig-headed loudmouth. Yet, I still have affection for the big, dumb lug.

uaintjak   

I liked him for most of his first season. Then he just got annoying as fuck to me.

chrysana   

I don't hate him, I'm annoyed by him. Wearing the same (I know, I know it's a different one) shirt season after season after season after season just adds to my irritation.

gforce   

Nixiechick, he can be bombastic and self-righteous and totally un-selfaware and is a stubborn, pig-headed loudmouth. Yet, I still have affection for the big, dumb lug.

I totally agree with all of this. Up until the second sentence, that is.

ff174   

I didn't even like him in his first season.

Someone lost the spear that he used to fish with, and he became indignant calling it "my spear." He also kept referring to the island as "my island." He was so fucking full of himself.

I can't remember the exact circumstances, but he told one contestant that they had to vote a particular way, or do something or other, and inferred that while it would fuck up their game, that the contestant should be happy with 6th place (or whatever place it was).

Then there was the roar that he used to do.

Then there was the fact that TPTB made up a fan favorite contest for a million dollars that everyone knew he would win. It had never been done before, but they made it up just for Rupert.

In his subsequent visits, you could just tell with his attitude that the fame had gone to his head. He acted even more entitled than he did on his first visit.

Lastly, he fucking sucks at playing the game.

Shannon   

I never watched Survivor until y'all kept talking about it and I gave it a shot. It was his first season, they left him to look after their stuff and he stole it. Loved him and watched the whole season and now I'm hooked on it. But I only liked him that first time, I don't much like any returning famewhore, but he's really annoying.

chrysana   

I liked that episode too. It was a "pirate" theme in the Cook Islands, and the opposing team left him with all their crap. Soon after, Rupert started annoying me.

Sign in to follow this