Tsylyst

General House Analysis and Discussion

These hammies keep giving me new reasons to despise them.

Last night, McCrae and Andy are complaining that Judd is asking if he's safe "literally every 40 seconds". Then Andy says that GM is doing it right, laying low and not pressuring anyone.

First, I hate when people use the word "literally" when it's not.., you know... literal.

Second, Judd is asking over and over because it's pretty obvious that the rest of the guys can't be trusted.

Most of all, GM is NOT handling the stress well. The bathroom episodes are increasing in frequency, and if these people weren't such self-involved asses, they would see it.

I'm pretty peeved at the producers and Skippy too. There is a camera in the toilet area. How can they just sit by and do nothing?

My heart breaks for GM. She may be ignorant and crass, but I can't help but wonder if she has always been treated with the same kind of disregard that she is receiving from the other hammies and production.

angelmi   

SO funny since GM took over taking care of the kitchen no more ants, but now they are all over the HOH, following nasty ass Spencer where he hides his dirty dishes and food. GM made me sick on BBAD, sitting up in HOH seeing the chocolate cake, takes a dirty plate sitting on the table and ate a huge hunk of the cake, then went down stairs and got more snacks and a cup to drink his pop out of. Then went to purge. She cooked all that chicken, pork chops and rice a roni for the guys, did not eat any, came back and cleaned it all up.

Prediction on Wednesday's show, Judd is gone, GM wins HOH and puts up McCrea, Andy, McCrea wins Veto takes himself off and votes out Andy, finale 3 Spencer/McCrea/GM.

Edited by angelmi

ff174   

I'm pretty peeved at the producers and Skippy too. There is a camera in the toilet area. How can they just sit by and do nothing?

What can they do, short of pulling her from the game? If, in fact, she is bulimic, it's not like you can give her a pill. She needs long term counseling, which she'll have to get after she leaves BB.

Magpie   

I know, I'm totally heartless, but when I read ff's post just now, what popped into my head was the voice of BB coming over the speakers with "GinaMarie, PLEASE stop vomiting!"

CBS has posted a notice that the live feeds return after the west coast broadcast of the taped eviction show Wednesday 9pm PT/Thursday 12am ET.

I know, I'm totally heartless, but when I read ff's post just now, what popped into my head was the voice of BB coming over the speakers with "GinaMarie, PLEASE stop vomiting!"

Even that would be better than nothing! As it is, she's under the impression that she's fooling everyone. Maybe she would at least TRY to get herself in order if she got a little reality smack every now and then.

Bullemia isn't like smoking. It takes lots of years for smoking to kill you. Gastric ruptures can happen at any time.

Tsylyst   

I don't think she thinks she's fooling anyone. She told Aaryn all about it (and Aaryn proceeded to tell others). After she spent 20 minutes stuffing her face the other night, I heard her tell Andy or McCrae that she was going to go and try to throw up. It might not be something she talks about on the regular, but it's not a secret.

Did anyone else hear McCray say that "she's sure never going to work for CBS again" earlier today when they were taping for BBAD? If he was being truthful and not making some kind of joke, that's really messed up of he was referring to Amanda.

On the GM subject, if something happens to her medically when production knows she's purging, I foresee some legal issues coming their way.

Tsylyst   

The houseguests have to sign contracts that are, like, 100 pages long or so. There's a copy of it out there on the Internet somewhere that Jun or someone posted. Trust me, CBS has made sure they aren't liable for ANYTHING. They have absolutely no reason to step in for something she is choosing to do to herself.

I trust you're correct Tsy, I guess for some of us its just really hard to see the ethics in allowing someone as obviously ill as VGM to remain in the game for the sake of ratings. I know I know, that's all that's important in the real world. It just smells bad.

I think McCrae may have been joking when he said Amanda would never work for CBS again. The rumor is that the two of them are going to do Amazing Race next year.

As for GM's eating disorder, when one of the girls realized that GM was purging they talked to production and GM had to talk to a psych. She was ranting about this a few days ago when the Exterminators were doing one of their trash talk sessions. She was mad about getting called out and having to see the psych and talk about her eating when she had thrown up only because (according to her) she had gotten sick.

So Production does know about it. They did (and maybe still are doing) something about it, but she has only been truthful about the situation to some of the HGs and not others so she probably lied to the skippys and the psych as well.

There's a reason that they go to fish whenever she talks about "the way I eat" or the Psych - and I think it has to do with them trying to help her. She said she's been purging for 10 years. She's not breaking any house rules by doing it, so what can they do except try to counsel her?

Edited by MockTurtle

ff174   

Here is a copy of the BB Contract that the HGs sign.

If you are interested in some of the particular language pertaining to the HGs health, check out section 55 and 56. In essence, the person signing is saying that no one associated with the show can held liable for any claims, including the death of the participant. It specifically adds that there is no liability in the case of "gross negligence" of the producers.

I would also point out section 20 it says that the Producers, et al, are further released from any liability if the participant does not tell the producers of any particular condition they may have. I don't know if VGM mentioned her problem to the Producers beforehand, but if she didn't they would not be held liable.

All that being said, I seriously doubt that CBS would leave VGM in the game if her health were truly at risk.

Shannon   

Probably not because blood is a threat since she could be HIV positive, etc. But if she was cutting, it would be much less dangerous to her body than what she is doing. I'm surprised she has teeth with all that stomachache acid.