Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Spencer - "I need to get some chocolate milk."

I hate, hate, hate this guy. The Klan is young and dumb (doesn't excuse them) but he's old enough to have pulled his head out of his ass and have some semblance of decency by now. He is vile, mean, and scary hateful. I hope the Railroad is doing regular drug testing on him, because there must be some reason he is so demented. I can well see why Aryan said he reminded her of her Daddy....Any spawn of his would come out twisted just like her, only uglier on the outside.

fotobrat   

That statement at the end pretty much translates to "we'd fire him if we could."

MrsGryn   

I doubt his co-workers learned anything new about this doofus that they didn't know before, from firsthand experience.

Shannon   

True the union will protect him, but the company wants no part of the complaints they must be getting from feed watchers. This is the best they can do what with the union involved but it's nice to know the company he works for is not happy with him.

uaintjak   

You know, to be fair, I would be kinda upset if Spencer were fired.

He's a complete and utter ass. I loathe him. But he doesn't represent his job the way Aryan and VaGinaMarie do. Like, they are public faces of their company. Spencer is just some douche that works at some place, and as such, his private views are just that, his private views.

fotobrat   

The thing is jak that his actions in the house could be used as proof of a pattern of behavior in a workplace harassment case against the railroad. It's a liability issue for them. As we speak there's a lawyer going through his personnel records and reviews with a fine tooth comb, guaranteed.

wikiviki   

I agree with uaintjak. Spencer, and the others, are on their own time. I don't think think you should be fired for saying anything that is not during your working hours, unless it's illegal, and as far as I know, making racial comments isn't illegal, it just makes you look like a giant ass. As for admitting drug use, you can bet that he'll probably be tested a lot more, that they can do, as long as they are aloud to do surprise drug testing.

Edited by wickivicki

Shannon   

That's not how companies work, it would all depend on the company policy and how your behavior is effecting the company's reputation. Of course what you say or do on your own time is going to be considered. That's like saying if you flunked a drug test they couldn't fire you because you only used drugs on your own time...if your actions effect your ability to work, many companies have policies in place to be able to dump you. A lot of people would be surprised how easy it might be to fire you, unless there's a union involved or you can prove discrimination, you can be fired for no real reason at all in many places.

Spencer is probably in a pretty hefty union what with it being RR, so he could get away with a lot. A couple of dumb girls working in jobs that are iffy to begin with, they could probably be fired for just about anything. It's always going to depend on the state regulations, the policies and how far someone is willing to go to sue for their job back or compensation. Spencer would have a whole union behind him if he needed to sue, the two girls, would depend on the money they could scrap up, so GM is probably screwed but A probably will sue just because Daddy can.

Minxy   

I agree with jak, I haven't seen any reason for Spencer to be fired.

Also, just to clarify, neither gig Aaryn lost was actually a job. The first drop was the modeling agency that represented her. The second was an entity that was using her likeness in promo materials. It's not like she lost a weekly paycheck.

MrsGryn   

I'm with uaintpickles on this one, too. Guaranteed everyone who works with Spencer knows he's a misogynistic douchebag already.

Isn't a railroad conductor pretty much a solitary job? There's a chance he's able to hide his views from his co-workers. How many can he actually have? But I agree with others, I don't see him getting fired right away, if ever. He isn't the public face of the company like Aaryn or GM, he's union and there will be many steps before he can be fired, and he hasn't done anything that is fireable as of yet. It's doubtful the union has a morals clause.

meeby   

I've read some comments elsewhere speculating that if he's in any kind of trouble, it might be related to comments he has made about drug use. Regular feed watchers would have to speak to that, but . . . it's a theory, I suppose.