Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Amanda - "Screw the bully label. She's just batshit craycray."

Thank you "not clever enough to have title" for saying : they need to stop saying it was taken out of context. Do they think we are stupid? When I can hear your complete context, it means exactly what it means!

Shannon   

For the Amanda fans, she made the Sound Bite section of Entertainment Weekly about her love for the pizza boy.

This podcast interview with Amanda from Saturday night is 2.5 hours long and actually very good. It helped me come down from my BB withdrawal.

Amanda is, it seems, back to her "normal" self; more like she was in the early part of the game. She's back to the Amanda I really liked, at least. Very smart, self-aware, engaging speaker.

Best part (spoiler): She talks about how, in the jury house, Elissa was a total fucking boozehound and would overdrink, then start shit—not only with the other girls, but also (maybe especially) the producers... As a result, they had their booze privileges taken away while in jury!

Other best parts, involving Jessie and her mom: Jessie and Candice got into a crazy screaming match in the jury house regarding Candice having mentioned something about Jessie smoking weed. Then she and her mom got wasted at the wrap party and were very loud and inappropriate (starts at 1:57:30 in the podcast). Apparently her mom was grabbing guys (and specifically Jeremy's crotch), then puking in the bathroom a lot, and Jessie stole a golfcart and was going ballistic on the producers. Niiiiice, ladies.

Good gossip! I liked that she talked a bit about the jury house and how it works. Overall, a very interesting listen while I puttered about my apartment this morning, cleaning and cooking.

Oh! And I should definitely add this: even if you don't want to listen to the interview, listen to just the first couple minutes, which is an awesome (both good/bad) collection of soundbites from the HGs... some stuff we haven't heard. It's great.

Edited by ZebraSpots2

Shannon   

It's all about perception and if you liked or didn't like Amanda, isn't it. What I see & hear is that Amanda is still trying to spin things her way and that she's always the victim when she gets any consequences from her actions. That's what is great about this place, we can like or not like any Hammie and we get to say so. But wow, two and a half hours, I'm drained.

I wonder if pizza boy is really going to FL, I'm guessing it depends on his on/off girlfriend Jessica's reaction to his BB experience. I am nosy, er curious enough to want to know where this 'marriage' is going.

I was tempted to listen to the podcast but after reading some of the comments posted on that site by people who did listen I couldn't subject myself to more Demanda putting her spin on things and not taking responsibility for her actions. Frankly she makes my skin crawl and her voice makes me want to stick knives in my ears. I'm just afraid BB will bring her back in a future game. Personally if I never lay eyes on her again all will be well with the world.

The first rule of The Internet is that you NEVER read the comments. Who raised you? (Kidding, of course.)

But really, the commenters there are every bit as reliable as commenters one sees on, say, YouTube (heh). People have a tendency to draw conclusions based on too little data (like if they hadn't actually listened to the interview), so they just sort of make stuff up to fill in the gaps of what they know in order to preserve their point (they simply don't like her). It's exceptionally annoying, but what can you do. That's just people.

I listened to the whole thing with both ears and never heard her say anything victimy; she was, to the contrary, pretty candid about saying she'd fucked up this and that. But I totally agree that it wouldn't have made for a very good interview had she played the victim, and I wouldn't be recommending it if that were the case.

Edited by ZebraSpots2

That may be true... i guess I just can't face hearing her loud obnoxious voice again. Earlier in the season I wrote that Demanda was a very polarizing person... you either love her or hate her. I fall in the latter. I don't think I've ever had such a strong opinion about a person I didn't like.

ff174   

Also, there are a lot of crazies out there who take BB too seriously. From the morons who make tribute videos about showmance couples to the nimrods who stalked Danielle last year, phoning in to interview shows, just to harass her.

The point is, those same internet crazies will refuse to give any of the HG's a chance outside the house. They believe that a person like Amanda is a horrid human being, and listen to such a podcast with jaundiced ears. Amanda could weep for two hours letting everyone know how sorry she is, promise to do two years of community service, vow a year of chastity and donate all her future earnings to charity, and STILL she would be viewed as the Whore of Babylon, who needs to be tied up and horsewhipped to within an inch of her life.

Shannon   

Of course you don't mean any of us, just those crazies on that site. *heh* I too am a bit surprised at just how personal some people take a BB hammie and their real life, either for or against. .I'm nosy about the consequences of their actions on the show, or the good things that happen to them, but thinking I have anything to do with them in any way other than an audience member, now that would be crazy.

I listened to over an hour of the podcast but found it to be a bit too biased and pandering to take seriously. The pretense that she felt threatened by Howard's advances were particularly annoying "Oooh, the big black guy who I found really attractive and flirted with whispered something dirty in my ear...hence...I spent hours in the diary room crying and shaking over it" Meh.

I also end up, more than ever, feeling that her bad treatment of Jessie was a direct response to her own insecurities over needing to be found attractive to men.

I was hoping to find a different side to Amanda, a more honest side, that I could respond to, but all it did was confirm every reason why I didn't like her. I still don't like her.

Any seats left on the Amanda love train? I liked her, I didn't see her as demanding but more like a leader who was able to take control and steer the game the way she wanted. The bullying was a bit over the top but Elissa seemed to enjoy the attention, she didn't seem terrified by it like she claimed in the Dr. I would like to think Amanda is better in normal life than she was in the house and the house just amped up her personality.

karolm   

"It doesn't make sense" Why would anyone put her up on the block?

Loud mouth bully is what I saw this season.