Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Amanda - "Screw the bully label. She's just batshit craycray."

Sophy   

I was 26 when I married 23 year old Mr. Sophy. Technically we are only 2.5 years apart. but at the time we got married, we were in that awkward six months where I appeared to be 3 years older than him. I about died when the announcement appeared in the paper. Now that we are a "wee bit older" <cough> it's no big deal.

Oh wait, sorry, this isn't the Sophy thread, it's the Amanda thread.

Amanda, I think, just wants to bang because she has some major insecurities and this is her way of keeping Mac close. Or maybe she just likes to bang.

I think jak hit the nail on the head, so to speak, right here. Either/or, both/and, I'm okay with these goofy kids doing whatever they want to do in there. I don't have to watch it (and I don't). There's worse things a person can do in there (that have been done) and my problem with Amanda has nothing to do with her sexcapades. It's when she turns into a mean girl and goes off on people, or says the racist things she says, that I don't care for. That said, at least she's not VGM, so she's got that going for her.

I hope the rumors about her and FUG being BFF's aren't true, because if she does end up winning this thing, I'd like for her to deserve it from her game play and not some unfair CBS incestial advantage.

angelmi   

Wow she has done a bunch of stuff, and she had to say the R word in there too, just like adam got busted for.

angelmi   

4:15 am cam 4 more of that dry ass smacking noise and bumping uglies, maybe that is the way smokers kiss, I have never smoked and never kissed like that with someone I was making out with, HE coughs in her face as he coughs up a lung after it was over, she rode the little pony again and then after it was over she demanded he move closer but right now he is on the edge of the bed and she is all over him. I bet he wishes he could get rid of this week and get a good night's sleep. Watched Jeff and Rachel, neither one believe this is real and even though Rachel was having sex all over the HOH, I don't remember her doing it in the rooms downstairs. And Rachel won comps. Amanda has not won anything and thinks McCrea's one HOH and one veto is going to get them though the game. She still makes me sick.

Edited by angelmi

Minxy   

I think Zebraspots and Jak nailed it. (see what I did there?)

I'm sure there's something cathartic and maybe normalizing about sex in the house. All the pressure and stress, I can see where it would be a release, beyond the norm of course.

Yeah, I'd have a problem with it, if it were me. The though of y'all listening and judging? Hell no. But I'm certainly not going to demonize someone or slut-shame her choices. She's making out with and having sex with a guy she's into, who is also into her. Whoopdeedoo.

OK. I must have not have read the book that says a man has to initiate sex or mount, and I am no spring chicken. I applaud Amanda for shamelessly taking the lead in this relationship, if you can call it that. She knows what she wants, no doubt, and she is going for it. McCrae is a willing participant, somewhat reluctant, but willing nonetheless.

That said. Lets pretend for a second that the roles were reversed, that Amanda shows the same reluctance as McCrae. The internet would be on fire calling for CBS to do something. Not a fan of Amanda, quite the opposite in fact, but I hate those gender assigned roles and double standards. That a woman has to be persued, mounted, be younger than the man, cannot take the lead, etc. My Gosh!

Look what happened to Jessie! Were she a man, she would be called a player or some crap like that. She is being called a slut (ironically by Amanda too) despite not having had sex with any of the guys. Judd have made out with Jessie and supposedly kissed Aaryn and yet nobody is batting and eyelid on that.

Amanda and McCrae are 2 consenting adults doing things different to what most people are used to or would do, that does not make it wrong or immoral.

I personally would not have sex with ANY camera around, but thats just me and my choice. I would be turned off by any slight resistance from a man, again, just my choice.

spartini   

Rachel not only sexed it up in the HOH, her and Brendon got down and dirty with Weekend at Kathy's in the bed next to them one night. Try as I may I'll never forget that.

I have to admit I'm a bit in awe of Amanda, I wish I was as comfortable with myself as she seems to be. I can't even go topless in my own house though, so...*shrugs*

angelmi   

It has been a couple of weeks but I was grossed out with Jeremy and Kaitlin too and he was on top, I hated Lydia/Jessie and Rachel and Brendon and really hated Chelsea and Crazy James. I loved how Jordan and Jeff did nothing but sweet kissing. I just think this is Amanda's WHOLE BB Game, she is going to "RIDE" McCrea just because he had ONE HOH win. But watching flashback to see Amanda's Candice bashing I hear Gina and Spencer knowing they have to break up the couples, Elissa/Helen and Amanda/McCrea, I so hope Gina or Spencer gets HOH next week and breaks up these couples. (Mostly I want Amanda gone). Spencer and Gina also said they would not give the money to Amanda she would spend it in a week, Helen has money, and McCrea needs it more then anyone, this from Gina who is 10 years older and still living at home too. I would give it to him for the services he had to provide to Amanda this whole summer.

Edited by angelmi

issycat   

Incidentally, the actress Anne Bancroft was actually only six years older than Dustin Hoffman when she played Mrs. Robinson in the movie "The Graduate". Fun Fact!

But back to Amanda. She's mean and mean and well she's just mean.

What is the point of continually bashing Candice and using racial slurs now that the woman is out of the house? Does Amanda want to be labeled a racist?

I'm starting to think she is either breaking down mentally or simply embracing the role of the villain a la Boogie. Regardless, I find her unpleasant and I hope she goes soon.

I hate those gender assigned roles and double standards. That a woman has to be persued, mounted, be younger than the man, cannot take the lead, etc. My Gosh!

Look what happened to Jessie! Were she a man, she would be called a player or some crap like that. She is being called a slut (ironically by Amanda too) despite not having had sex with any of the guys. Judd have made out with Jessie and supposedly kissed Aaryn and yet nobody is batting and eyelid on that.

I feel bad for straight women. I really do. It's 2013. Yet, fit that gender role or prepare for harsh judgment. I really feel bad for women who have the audacity to sex up a younger guy. I'm glad you also mentioned Jessie, Vee. She's a snoozer when she talks but the other hits were ridiculous as to 'how dare she be sexual in her interactions'.

Amanda sucks in so many ways that we could easily banter about those issues for months. I just don't understand the line of attack that Amanda is close to AARP old and McCrae just finished 8th grade. I also don't understand the arguments that she is the debil because she's a topper, a nudist, a groomer (which is the occupation of the dominant capuchin female), and wants sex more than him on occasion. How about she just likes the guy and they're awkward together most of the time.

I don't fault Amanda for anything she's doing when it comes to McCrae. She's into him. He's her alliance and her lover and she wants constant contact and reassurances from him, and she likes sexy time with him.

The weird partner in all this is McCrae, who stays in this alliance/showmance while appearing to be miserable about it. The guy seems uncomfortable with her words and actions and complains to her about them on a daily basis. There are times when he seems to actively dislike her, and yet he continues to let her pick his nose, ride his dick and boss his game.

It's an odd relationship but to me it's like when you have friends who are a couple and you can't exactly figure out how they are together but they are. It really does take two to tango. I just have to shrug.

(and BTW, my partner is 9 years younger than me. We moved in together after dating for two months and just had our 14-year anniversary!)

ETA: I'm a lady and he's a guy. I think I should clarify that since it's not so uncommon for a guy to be 9 years old than his girlfriend.

Edited by MockTurtle

You are right thunderstruck, gay women are held to a different standard, inching out straight females on the sexual persuit department. Yeah, I feel sad mad for us too. I am in the low end of totem pole as a black female, maybe that is what made me an alpha female? Not expected to be intelligent and expected to be assertive aggressive.

Go get your thing Amanda! *bobbing my head* *ouch!*

Oh , and stop the racial crap, it is not helping the alpha female cause.

Edited by vee_loves_realty

skat510   

I don't have a problem with their romance/showmance or with them getting busy on camera but to me it's not cool when she won't take "no" for an answer and pushes the intimacy. That's not Amanda just being an assertive woman...it's foul. And pretty disrespectful to McCrae.

The reasons I dislike Amanda have zero to do with sex in the house. It's tacky as hell, but to each his own. I agree with Mock Turtle, they seem an odd couple, but there's lots of odd couples in the world. McCrae is a big boy. If he doesn't want to hokey pokey all he has to do is get out of the bed. I'm beginning to think he is using sex to keep Amanda in check, also totally his choice.