Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water

Oh Sophy, after Kat's remarks, the hubs and I turned and looked at each other with a "Is it me or did she just say that she and Hayden are together because of her boob job"? look. It was freakin' bizarre.

ahab1013   

The most interesting thing to me about the season was the number of times people threw away Hidden Immunity clues, and his two immunity idols largely, though not entirely, helped Tyson ease his way into the final.

Tyson formed a tight alliance and rode it to the end. He deserved to win (among the final three).

I thought Hayden came on strong in the end, as did Ciera and they made the last part of the season very interesting.

Monica clearly underwhelmed the jury and Gervase road Tyson's coattails. I believe that had Monica flipped at some point she would have earned the respect of the jury and might have won, but she was, as Hayden pointed out several times, Tyson's lap dog.

Overall I thought the Blood vs Water was a bit of a failure- it has some moments, but there wasn't enough of the relationships to REALLY be pitted against one another. At least the new season is all new players so maybe it will be more interesting.

MrsGryn   

One thing I noticed is that Tyson gives very little at the tribal councils and even Probst commented on how hard it was to get a direct answer out of him. That was pretty smart of Tyson. I always liked him because his sense of humor is odd and droll and sarcastic. I didn't mind him getting a "hero" edit because those were genuine emotions that he couldn't hold back and hide.

Shannon   

I would have never guessed that my favorite part of the night would be Cochran!

Gervwhat'shisface, he had no reason to be there, and he didn't get one vote, no surprise there. I wonder how dumb it makes you feel to sit there, thinking you might win, and not get one single pity vote.

Monica disappointed me after giving me some hope that she had some game, go home and be Brad's wifey. But what got me is why did she have to explain herself to these nimrods, I didn't remember anyone asking the guys to explain who their inner most venerable core is, what a bunch of shit. And there she was, crying and trying to give her all, like her husband was demanding her to explain to him why his dinner is late. Women on these shows so disappoint me! Gag

I hate Tyson from before, but I kind of liked him this time, and he deserved the win. Hell between Gerv and Monica, he almost slid into home, but he did work to get where he ended. And there was no way they could have given it to the other two, so how could he lose after he played his two lap puppies.

I'm guessing we will see Hayden and Ciera again; I hope I never see Kat or her fake boobs again.

AVorlon   

I agree about Hayden and Ciera coming back one of these days. I also think that the format worked well enough this season that they'll bring it back every three years or so.

The format of Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty is interesting, but I feel like I've seen that before. There was a show a while back with a beautiful girl in a house full of nerds, and she was supposed to pick one of them. Then they shipped in (literally), a boat-load full of hunky guys, just to make things more interesting.

I almost hope that one of the brawn guys is Jesse, just to see him go crazy as he loses muscle mass on two bowls of rice per day.

Sophy   

BBB - (Brawns Brains Beauty) - made me think of the BB Season that started with the 3 teams. or was it 4 that Jordan won? Popular Jocks and Nerds I think? With the coaches (returning players).

Anyway I wonder if the BBB premise suggests 3 tribes instead of 2 at the start, each made of people who fit in each of the 3 B's.

michal   

I'm wondering if they are going to have ugly dumb jocks for the brawns part. It's not hard to find nerdy smart people (Cochran, Ian Terry), or beautiful dumb people (cookies gal), but to be brawns & NOT brains or beauty, that will make for some interesting picks! Or CBS will just sell out & bring in some big brawny eye candy.

ff174   

Anyway I wonder if the BBB premise suggests 3 tribes instead of 2 at the start, each made of people who fit in each of the 3 B's.

I have read that this is exactly what is happening - three tribes.

Sophy   

MrsGryn's finale recap is glorious, and made me do a few morning coffee spit-takes! Better than the actual finale. Well played, G, you get my vote.

Please don't tell us where you hid it. Great recap.

So, now what are we supposed to do? Survivor and TAR are over and BB is more than 6 months away. I've heard about these things called lives. I was thinking about looking into getting one. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Sign in to follow this