Sign in to follow this  
Kyara

Survivor - Past Seasons

Sophy   

STAMP that RC and Toolie!

I don't know which annoyed me more -- her stache or the bikini ruffle. The crying made me dance with joy, and stop hating Russell for a few seconds since he made it happen. Here she is at Ponderosa. Thankfully they do not show her shaving.

IFE, love the Courtney Fromme reference, BWAH!

And finally, Probst's lastest blog.

Edited by Sophy

Magpie   

Ooh, I like the idea of the "dumbest move" award. I'll have to ponder that one; there have been so many dumb moves over the years.

chrysana   

I can't decide who to vote for as "dumbest move award." They were all so stupid in their thinking. I'm leaning toward Colby because he was deciding who to go to F2 with and it cost him $1 000 000. The other candidates were dumb-asses; but, they weren't at the F3 part of the game. I don't know if the others would have made it to the end...they may have just gotten themselves kicked off a little early. Although, James with his strength and two hidden idols could have immunitied (is that a word) his way to the end.

Edited by chrysana

PhilG   

Was it Yao-Man who gave away his immunity at TC and was immediately voted out that same night? THat would have to be a really strong contender.

ff174   

I have been saying for years that James's non-use of either of his two vetoes is the dumbest non-move ever. I am happy that his boneheadedness is a candidate.

It must be killing Jeff that all five candidates are men ... including three of his largest man-crushes; James, JT and Colby.

Edited by ff174

chrysana   

Can't say that I'm upset with the snuffing of Rupert's flame. I was hoping for a hero win this season; but, I am doubting Colby can pull that one off. He just doesn't seem to be in it to win it. We are no longer watching the Colby from Season Two (sad face, as I had a crush on S2 Colby).

I have no real preferences at this point for a winner. So I have to say I'm not hoping for a Parvati or Sandra to win the whole thing. I think it would be fun to see someone win the game twice. That would piss everyone who got kicked out early.

Jeff's Blog is up. Thank's to Sophy who linked the last one. I went back and read them all from this and found them highly amusing. I even read last season's and although I had forgotten much of the drama and players enjoyed reading Jeff's posts. I don't know if someone linked them prior to that...I obviously missed it.

Edited by chrysana

Magpie   

I am fully rooting for a Sandra win after her awesomeness this week. Two of my biggest laughs (out of admittedly not very many) for the season came from her. I haven't decided which was better: "I'm against you, Russell" or "I'd hate to go home with an immunity idol in my bra". Go Sandra!

michal   

Well poop. I may not like Russell, but without him on the show this season would have been a dud. He made the big plays that made me want to tune in each week. He may not have a clue about the social game, but dang, he can make it interesting!

chrysana   

Russell was robbed...AGAIN. Once again his face said it all. What a bitter little man. I loved that Sandra won, would have preferred Parvati, but I love a two-time winner. Sandra showed her arrogant side during the reunion show, which I could have done without. But, Russell just wouldn't shut up. I wanted Jeff to oust him so we could hear from the others. Russell was entertainin, I will give him that.

I would love to see a Russell/Rob showdown. Put them on different tribes and watch the dust fly. I don't think there's anyway they could play together.

PhilG   

Russell didn't get screwed--Parvati did. He didn't make one move this season that compared to her double-idol play. Consider that Jerrin would have been gone that week if not for that idol, and she made Final 4. And Russell's decision to take Parv and not Jerri was a complete miscalculation on his part.

angelmi   

I felt like Russell knew from the start that he lost but had won America's vote, I think they had to tell him to get him to show up. I can not believe Z voted that many times to give him America's vote.

Edited by angelmi

Minxy   

Sandra's burning of Russell's douche-hat made her my most favoritest Survivor contestant EVER!

tooletta   

I heard spoilers early in the season, so I knew who the F3 were going to be, but I still hoped they were wrong. I've never been a Sandra fan, and am pretty meh about her win. She had a couple of good moments this season, but I think she's obnoxious and not as great as she thinks she is. I think luck was a huge part of her game.

Enjoyed watching Russell again this season, though I was not rooting for him to win. He really did keep things interesting, but I could do without him at the finale. He's just too pig-headed to understand why his game-play was flawed both times. Glad he won the $100K because I think he deserved something for what he was able to accomplish. I think Parv might have been the most deserving of the win, as one of the best strategic, social and physical contestants to ever play the game. Glad she didn't, though~ I hope not to ever see her smug bitchface again.

I surprised myself for rooting for Jerri there in the last couple of episodes. I couldn't stand her going into this season, but found her to be the most bearable of the F4.

I'd like to think that if I was on the jury I would vote for who I thought best "outwitted and outplayed" the others, but I do understand it must be difficult when you're emotionally involved with it all. I have to wonder how different the results might be if the jury was sequestered from one another.

The "reunion" was terrible. Too many egos for one small stage. Looking forward to all new castaways in Nicaragua!

CycleRob   

Yes, Sandra burning Russell's hat was great. When you take into account that in Russell's first season he was burning people's socks and what not, seeing his story line end with someone burning his stuff seemed like poetic justice, and was almost screaming out to viewers that Sandra was going to "burn" Russell at TC and win the whole deal.

Russell always plays an aggressive game but never a very smart one. For that reason I'm glad he lost twice. Yes, Parvati probably had the best all around game play this season, showing her strength both strategically and physically. She definitely outfoxed Russell through most of the season, including how she became a bug in his ear and convinced him to take her to the F3 instead of Jerri. Still, I suspected that if she made the F3, some of the jury's loathing of Russell would spill over onto her, and that apparently happened. And it is true that she benefitted from being under Russell's wing during the first few shows. She would have been voted out when Tyson got booted if Russell hadn't given her his idol.

Sandra didn't play a flashy or spectacular game, but in many ways she played a very smart one. She's crafty without coming across as too scheming, and she's good at sort of camouflaging herself to keep the target off herself (hey, it works for animals in the wilderness--blend in so you don't get picked off.) She managed to "play" Russell a couple of times (such as convincing him that Coach was coming after him so she or Courtney wouldn't get voted out) and openly defied Russell on occasion and yet still managed to escape his payback. Somehow, her approach to the game--"vote out anyone but me!"--seems to work well for her. She's sort of the lone wolf that actually made it to the end.

What's funny about this season is that, on the Villains tribe, Jerri was almost the ingenue! Talk about hell freezing over.