Sign in to follow this  
Kyara

Survivor - Past Seasons

Minxy   
..... and then Amanda for being a stupid cow who couldn't lie her way out of a wet paper bag.

This a thousand times over. Amanda is the worst liar on the planet, perhaps the entire galaxy!

While Parvati's move was great strategery in the moment, she may come to regret giving up both idols in one fell swoop. No matter how great her move though, I can't bring myself to root for her. I still hate the bitch.

tooletta   

I figured that she played both idols as the best possible way to assure the villain's bases were covered.

She knew Amanda was lying and that she wasn't the target.

She knew the heros might be suspicious of Russell and know he still had an idol to use.

She knew Dani was safe, (and had planned that at the IC).

Based on that, she had to assume they would either vote for Jerri or Sandra or split between the two. Using both idols was the only was she thought she could guarantee the villains would keep the numbers, would get jury respect, and might give her some loyalty from the two most likely to flip.

I re-watched TC three times to make sure I didn't miss a single reaction. Priceless.

I'm still with you on the Parv hate train, Minxy. Girl has game, though.

Edited by tooletta

Magpie   

Parv's move was pretty brilliant, and the fact that it kinda blindsided Russell as well made it that much better. She took a risk giving up the idols, but I think she has it in her to do well in future immunity challenges, particularly now that JT is gone. And she nicely gave herself some potential jury votes, so well played all the way around (even though I don't like her, I do respect her skills).

ETA: Surprise, surprise, Russell is a hot head

HT Mike   

For me, the best part of the last Tribal Council was when Jeff said to Parvati "Do you feel like a leper because you are not getting the attention that you are used to getting in real life?". Ha! That was great!

MrsGryn   

That was a totally awesome moment, HT Mike. She looked a bit shocked at first but rolled with it in her usual "Aren't I sooooooo cute?" way. Bleech.

E! Online: A Ragin' Cajun? Survivor's Russell Busted for Battery

We can't wait to see how the superscheming Hantz tries to talk his way out of trouble should this case go to Tribal Council court.
Had to chuckle at that last paragraph.

ETA Oops. Just noticed Mags beat me to it, but E! beats TMZ for a wittier ending.

Edited by ShyLurkerGuy

angelmi   

He is trying to say all a misunderstanding. Sure has been a lot of our famewhores in legal problems lately.

PhilG   

With 2 idols played, what would have happened if those 2 had gotten all the votes? I figure either a revote and you can't vote for any of the immune players. or they draw rocks.

gforce   

Well, Pavarti at the very least would not have voted for either of those two, so - there ya go!

PhilG   

In this case, yes. But I was asking a more general question about what would happen if two players both have idols, both play them, and they get all the votes.

Edited by PhilG

Magpie   

I'm guessing we don't know, since I don't recall seeing two idols played like that before. I don't bother to count heads, so don't even know if it was possible to have a tie vote at that TC. My guess would be a revote, with Sandra and Jerri not being eligible.

PhilG   

It wouldn't have to be a tie, if every ballot listed someone who had played an ido0l. If it were 8 for Jerri and one for Sandra last week, there are still no votes cast for anyone.

They also have never told us how tie votes for the winner would be settled...which is very possible now that we have three finalists.

Magpie   

I'm guessing we will not know unless and until such a situation arises. Or until Jeff Probst joins HT and gives us insider scoopage.

HT Mike   

I seem to recall that, at the Micronesia finale with 8 jurors and 2 finalists, Jeff had the time-breaking procedure in a sealed envelope somewhere on set. None of the jurors (or finalists) knew what the procedure was. So, it appears that TPTB have thought about the possibility of ties, but will not reveal the procedure until they have to.