Sign in to follow this  
Kyara

Survivor - Past Seasons

It's why it's harder for us to lose weight, we're programmed to store up for leaner times. Survival of the species and all. Dammit.

LOL! I'm with you Mrs.Gryn. :D

I loved last night's muddy tug o' war challenge. I also loved that Morgan was surprised that she got the boot. Too bad they didn't saw her in half, ( she's a magician's assistant.)

I remember last season when Stephenie said that Bobby Jon had reverted back to being a caveman. She also said that he was gross and stunk. I'm guessing that she was praying that they'd be on separate teams this season.

Sophy   

I didn't get it last night when the football QB guy was confronted with his identity after the mud bowl, why he just didn't admit it?

If he'd just said, "Yeah, that was me - I am a landscaper now, but I used to be a pro-football player. I didn't tell y'all because I was worried you'd hold it against me, and when you asked me what I did, I told the truth, because that's what I do now" or something like that. Because he's a strong player and having him around longer for team wins is to their advantage.

But now he's screwed himself because he lied to all their faces. So when it comes out later (which it likely will) they'll be pissed that he lied and boot him out. Not to mention that I'm not sure they believed him anyway.

About Stef: I already hate that Jamie guy - what a dumbass. He may be the Howie of Survivor Guatamala. He wants to get rid of Stephanie because he's threatened by her strength. Has anyone explained this game to him? If they get rid of the strong players now, they will lose the team comps and more of their team will be voted off. If he's that worried about Stef, then boot her when they merge. But before that, while they are still two tribes, what a idiotic move to vote out your strongest players, good grief.

MrsGryn   

Sophy, we thought NFL Gary should have had something prepared for any confrontation like, "My brother played in the NFL 20 years ago, that must be who you're thinking about".

I'm so glad Morgan got the boot as well. So far Lydia seems cool, even if she got the spot my cousin was trying for (older woman from Seattle)!

Maybe it was just me, but ... during the one-on-one tugs (heh), wasn't it overwhelmingly stupid to run to the other side to try and hold your opponent back from getting to their flag? The winner was the person CLOSEST to the flag, not necessarily the one who captured it, so by running to the other side you totally screwed yourself whether the other person grabbed their flag or not.

MrsGryn   

We didn't really understand that part, so okay, makes more sense now. Why not pull on the connecting rope to pull your opponent back towards you?

Hi all :) I followed you guys here from you know where. I totally enjoyed the recaps during BB6.

So...about Survivor... I won't cement my favorite for another few epi's, but I have to say that the Farmer kind of did it for me when he said something like, "I know you're hurtin' but you just gotta Man Up." He had me at Man Up.

On another note, vomiting should be illegal on TV! Seriously - it makes me drool and gag to witness that.

ladyjane   

I was glad to see that Steph wasnt ready to just go belly up. I liked that instead of going to beg to stay she made a case for others to go. She is right to point out that it is just the beginning of the game! Dont get rid of your strong players unless you want to whittle yourself down to nothing.

Loved Bobby Johns caveman grunts and facial expressions! I want them both to do well, not necessarily win, although that would be nice, but at least make it past the merge for both of them.

I enjoyed watching all the snitches scurry around to "tattle" to the person being evicted. I am glad that Steph found out, but geez, I wouldnt trust that person with valuable info in the future.

And what did that kid mean? He scrambled at the last minute to get everyone on the same page and ditch Morgan?

He had me at Man Up.

Mmmmm, Man Up. It sounds so dirty. Between that and "touch my star" from America's Next Top Model, I'm going to be saying filthy things for months.

Sophy

About Stef: I already hate that Jamie guy - what a dumbass.

Oh man, I'm with you on that one! Big baby saying on the first epi that now he won't be able to win a million dollars. I really don't like him.

And despite the farmer boy looking like someone out of Deliverance with that stupid hat, I LOVED him when he spouted "premature evacuation" in reference to Robs untimely jump from the boat into a quagmire of mud.

I have high hopes for this season. After the BB6 disaster, I need to have a little fun. Glad to see Steph and Bobby Jon back, glad to see Morgan and that other ripped bicep fireman guy gone. They were not on my favorites list.

Edited by shadylady98926

rappy   

This may be the "I really don't give a shit about this show anymore" season for me. I like no one, and the lame quarterback is especially getting on my nerves. And if he mentions ONE MORE TIME that he's a QB, but ain't telling because it'll put a target on his back, I may just scream, because seriously? IT WAS 15 YEARS AGO, so fuck off already. I think he's mistaking years for minutes.

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

It's why it's harder for us to lose weight, we're programmed to store up for leaner times. Survival of the species and all. Dammit.

That's why, if I were to go on Survivor, I'd be going in at "fighting weight". That way, when those tiny skinny people tried to canabalize me, I'd be able to break them like a stick and use their bones as toothpicks. You know those scrawny people are tough as hell and are a bitch to get out of your teeth.

buffyvol   

/\ Well shit! Watch it you guys! This place will let you post without logging in.

Edited by buffyvol

He had me at Man Up.

Mmmmm, Man Up. It sounds so dirty. Between that and "touch my star" from America's Next Top Model, I'm going to be saying filthy things for months.

ROFLMAO....... touch my star...... giggle giggle..... THAT is a phrase that should have NEVER made it on TV :D

I am glad to see Steph on .... not only is she one tough cookie...but she is a CUTE cookie to boot! She is pretty without looking like a high maintenance glam girl.

I do miss a good personality like Rupert! But of course when god made Rupe....he MADE DAMN SURE to break that mold! I'll never forget the first show where Rupe stole the other teams stuff and smiled that wicked smile into the camera and said "We ARE Pirates, and PIRATES steal stuff" heh heh. Then traded/sold the other teams stuff at the market for food and neccesities.

Edit: Highwaygirl.... why does this board only allow ONE emoticons? I had two and it gave me this error "You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message"

Edited by FAAmecanic