Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

The Amazing Race - Season 22

Tsylyst   

This season, which marks the 22nd race around the world for the series, will introduce a new twist to the game in which the first Team to check in at the first pit stop will earn two “Express Passes” – one to keep for themselves and one that must be given to another Team by the end of the fourth leg of the Race.

Teams will travel more than 30,000 miles, over five continents and through nine countries as they skydive from 10,000 feet in Bora Bora, participate in a Shemozzle race in New Zealand, hunt for scorpions with the Bushmen of Botswana and scale the treacherous north face of the Eiger Mountain in Switzerland.

Via CBS

Teams will travel more than 30,000 miles, over five continents and through nine countries as they skydive from 10,000 feet in Bora Bora, participate in a Shemozzle race in New Zealand, hunt for scorpions with the Bushmen of Botswana and scale the treacherous north face of the Eiger Mountain in Switzerland.

Isn't a Shemozzle part of the Laverne and Shirley theme song? Maybe not.

Isn't a Shemozzle part of the Laverne and Shirley theme song? Maybe not.

Actually the word you're thinking of is schlemazel (schlemiel, schlemazel) a Yiddish word. Loosely translated, a schlemiel spills the soup; a schlemazel wears the soup.

Edited by elizabethann

Dagnabbit. Usually just by looking at the pictures there is at least one team I instantly hate. None of these teams are doing it. Guess I'll have to wait for the hate.

michal   

I was listening to a podcast the other day & heard that 2 or 3 teams quit the first night. I am hoping that isn't true - I can't imagine how many "super legs" or non-elimination legs there would have to be to make it to the end of the season.

MrsGryn   

Quit the first night?? Someone was just looking for a free 30 day vacation to Loser Island, then.

chrysana   

I heard that on one of the promos. I wonder if the teams quit during that first part when they have more racers than will be on the show and you have to race to be on the race. If they lose teams on the actual race, they'll have to add a few more non-elim legs to keep the season. I'd prefer to get rid of the non-elimination rounds.

Shannon   

I'm sure they have subs waiting in the wings, I imagined this has happened before too. I wonder if they will show it.