Sign in to follow this  
melesurgo

November 4th

Previously on the Amazing Race; one of the twinnies says she might scream the entire race, Yay for us. And they tell us how obnoxious Ryan is, which I totally agree with. Brent gets up close and personal with some dehydration, and the goat farmers came in last but it was a non-elimination leg. So let’s get to it shall we?

I don’t really get the connection between ex-racers and The Life of Pi so I’m just going to skip over those I hope you all don’t mind.

The rockers are leaving first flying to Istanbul, Turkey. Abby and Ryan leave bitching about how horrible it is there. The Twinnies leave next and they all seem to be going to a travel agency. Monster truckers leave hours later it seems and Rob gets all demanding about grabbing a newer car. Hee! He interviews about his internal drive, but I don’t know, I never sense any urgency from these two.

At the travel agency teams are showing up and it seems like they will all be on the same flight. Ryan’s nasty side starts to come out as he insults not only the other racers but the whole country too. Jerk.

Oh man, rockers dropped some cash, one of the twins picks it up, Trey and Lexie seem to at least struggle with whether or not they should give it back, but twinnies just keep shushing them and say they will split it. It was 100 bucks! Yikes that’s a lot of cash. They think it fell out in the taxi and now have to beg in all this poverty and aren’t too thrilled with that idea. Wow I don’t even think I could bring myself to do that even for a million dollars. But it works out for them and they are super grateful.

All teams land in Istanbul. They have to choose between a taxi and the metro to get to a ferry station and only the Chippendales and monster truckers choose metro. Uh oh.

Oh cool they have to cross the water that connects Asia and Europe. Rockers on first ferry alone. Twinnies, Abby & Ryan, and the goat farmers all get on one and feel sorry for chippies and truckers. Yeah sure.

Meanwhile chippies are talking to a local who tells them a taxi would be faster because it is early and no traffic so they actually jump off. Truckers say they jumped because they are just followers but they will go their own way. Foreshadowing?

After the ferry ride they grab clues that send them to a spice bazaar in this order; rockers, Trey & Lexie, goat farmers, Abby & Ryan then the twinnies. Chippies just getting on the ferry and monster truckers still on metro saying nobody could have been as fast as them. So clueless.

At stall 14 there is a speed bump for goat farmers and a detour. Scrub it or Simit. In simit they count out and figure out how to balance what looks like bagels on a tray on their head and deliver to three different places. That could be confusing. In scrub it they have to pick up bath items and take to a Turkish bath house and get the crap scrubbed out of them hahaha. That seems like it would be sooo much easier.

Everyone picks scrub while Josh and Brent start their speed bump. They have to find a marked vender and eat some ice cream. Wow tough. Well it wouldn’t be if they weren’t so terrible at finding things, as they run around and miss the cart with the marker on it. So they just run up to the first cart they see and order. The funny part is the vender doesn’t just give them their scoops, he messes around juggling and grabbing it back and it’s pretty cute but you can tell they are thinking “just give me the damn cone”. So they eat and say what a great speed bump it is.

Currently just getting on the ferry are the monster truckers. Josh and Brent go to get their clue but the guy says no and they figure out what they did wrong and go in search of the right vender.

At the bath house the rockers, twinnies, Abby and Ryan, Trey and Lexie get scrubbed up and pretty much enjoy it. Josh and Brent don’t enjoy their second cones quite as much ha!

The Chippies reach stall 14 and pick scrub saying how much they need to be clean. For some reason the goat farmers pick Simit. They get the bagels stacked all nicely and put them on Brent’s head as he says it is nice and flat and Josh says no brain. Not nice lol. Right away Josh is getting directions from a guy who is not only not speaking English but talking really really fast. Brent calls him out.

Hey look, the monster truckers finally made it to stall 14 and choose Simit too. I just don’t get it. Maybe they are super ticklish? Personally I don’t like people touching me but it still seems scrub would be so much faster. We are treated to some scenes of what looks like some deep muscle massaging and pounding the shit out of some feet but everyone seems to come through OK, AND they do look squeaky clean.

Chippies get to scrub as top 4 teams are basically leaving to get their next clue at another bazaar. I guess that’s like having a mall on every corner like we do where I live. Goat farmers are struggling with finding delivery spots and poor Brent gets laughed at. Monster truckers get to bakery and Rob dances a little before he gets bagels on his head. See, no urgency. I wonder if they can’t grab locals to go with them like they used to in the good old days, because Josh and Brent could use one right about now.

Roadblock; they have to wear this type of spouted tea-pot and serve 40 glasses of something considered the world’s first soft drink. Now we know who to blame for childhood obesity! They have to earn 40 lira, around 20 bucks to get their next clue. Lexie takes is, as does Ryan. Abba takes it for the rockers thinking it shouldn’t be too hard on his bad knees.

Thanks you editors for not forgetting about the chippies with their clothes off! They finish their scrub as the goat farmers have 1 delivery out of 3 complete. They pass monster truckers and tell them where to go. Why?

Natalie takes roadblock for the twinnies because she is single and sis tells her to put her sexy on. Ryan thinks he’s a genius for getting a local to help sell to his friends like he is Donald Trump all of a sudden. Lexie thinks being a cheerleader is helping her be loud and obnoxious. Well…yes. Everybody selling. Trey finishes first and Nadyia tells us she rather it is them than Abby and Ryan which Abby overhears. Oops

Trey and Lexie on way to the pit stop by taxi. Ryan finishes up and Abby tells him what she overheard and he says twinnies can suck it lol.

Goat Farmers finish selling bagels in 6th place with monster truckers’ right behind. Back to selling and twinnies finish up in 4th place with Chippies still there.

Trey and Lexie at the pit stop first and win a trip to Australia. I’m jealous but I really like them. They are nice to each other. Abby & Ryan check in at #2.

Brent takes selling the soft drinks and Jaymes (I think) freaks out when he sees them and the monster truckers. He says when you see them and the Beekman Boys you know u in trouble heh! Kelley takes the task. James is having a hard time while his buddy sweats it out. He finally starts selling to the ladies and it is working great. Well I would have bought one. They finish in 5th.

James and Abba check in at the mat, they are team #3. Hobbled but not out. Twinnies come in 4th and say no more nice twinnies. Huh? Didn’t they just steal somebodies money and then split it so they could share the guilt 50/50. No self-awareness but I love their toughness and energy. Goat farmers leave the task as Rob notes they are the last ones there and hasn’t seen Kelly in a while. She finishes up and they take off. Goat farmers jump out of their taxi to direct traffic and get it moving.

Chippendales check in as team #5. Josh and Brent in the taxi getting ready for a foot race with the monster truckers. Rob berates his driver a little but then I forgive him when he leans over and gives his wife a kiss on the cheek. Very Sweet. Goat farmers run up to the mat. They can’t believe it when Phil tells them they are team #6. Here come Rob and Kelly. Phil eliminates them and they take it well. Rob gives his wife all the kudos and redeems himself totally in my eyes.

Man that was hard. Whew, I don’t think I will do that again. Thank you recappers, you are awesome!