Name: Abbie Ginsberg

Hometown: Encinitas, Calif.

Current occupation: Dance Instructor/Choreographer

Name: Ryan Danz

Hometown: San Diego, Calif.

Current occupation: Financial Service Company Owner

Connection: Dating Divorcees

PhilG   

What bhnole said. It was nice that they apologized, but could have stopped one step away from the mat and let the people who earned the win finish first.

Nothing like putting the biggest target of all on your own back on the first leg. Not only are they the only ones to have a chance at 2M, they stabbed someone else in the back to get it. I predict many U-turns in their future. I won't be sorry.

Magpie   

I think whoever gets to the mat first earns the win unless there was cheating involved. They didn't cheat to get there; they used info that was willingly given to them, and they'd be crazy not to use it or to not try their best to hit the mat first.

I do think that the other team was naive (or stupid) for helping them, particularly at that point in the leg. It's amazing (heh) how often these people forget they are in a race!

ff174   

Nothing like putting the biggest target of all on your own back on the first leg.

I though of this, at first, but to U-turn or not to U-turn should not be predicated on the fact that Abbie and Ryan could win $2 mil. In the past, there have been two reasons to use the U-turn; either for spite (stupid, but we saw that last year with Rachel/Brendon), or because the team wants to ensure they don't come in last. Using it to because you don't want to give Abbie and Ryan the possibility to win the extra money is stupid.

Edited by ff174

Shannon   

It did bother me when they passed them and won, but only because I personally could not have done that, I would have helped her to the mat and let Phil deal with a tie. But it's a race and that's the way the game plays out.

bhnole   

I think I would have been better off with the move later on in the race but winning the first leg in itself generally puts a big target on you.

Taking advantage of a double amputee to do it on the first leg means no one will ever trust you the rest of the race.

That is a lot of legs to be racing by yourself with every other team more than happy to throw a few roadblocks your way.

Weren't they in the middle of the pack? I think it would have been very sportsmanlike to wait for the other team and let them step on the mat first or make it a tie. After all, it's not like they pushed her down and caused them to take 15 minutes or more getting to the mat; it was just a matter of seconds.

But the thing is, this year coming in first on the first leg really matters. If you're going to take advantage of a situation, this would be the leg to do it. If I was a racer and thought I had any possibility of winning the whole thing, I'd have run past them in a heartbeat. I've been poor for a looong freaking time, that extra mil would make my old age very comfortable. That being said, I'd feel awful about it and give them some of the money or a trip.

ff174   

I was in synch with these two when they started mocking the fucking "twinnies"; especially when Abbie put a mock gun to her head and pulled the trigger. That is something I would do.

PhilG   

That was the best moment of the season so far for me....with that one gesture I forgave them for stealing Episode one...

Sign in to follow this