Shannon   

I was on the Memphis train but I actually don't mind Dan being there, if they have to bring people back. I'd like to see how he pulls this off this time around. At least we won't be hearing about his virgin bride-to-be and hopefully he's past the preaching.

spartini   

I have to admit, there's a small, very, VERY small part of me that is longing to hear Keesha screech out Dan the Man followed by the dolphin cry laugh.

Magpie   

One of the few winners who've not made me want to stab my TV, so I'll be glad to see him. (Well, as glad as I am to see any hammie, which is "not that much".)

hefgypsy   

Danny Boy - What happened to MONICA?????? Oh well.

Hopefully he will wash his bathing suits this year. OY!

Shannon   

I think MONICA!!! was gone before the end of his first year as a half millionaire. I know she didn't last too long after his win.

Dan seems to have picked a lousy team, and given that he's not a strong man and on the small side, I'm surprised he picked this all female team. I'd like to see them pick off Boogie's team first, but I think Dan might be team-less in the next couple of weeks.

Natalie   

It seems they plan to pick off Dan's team. So what happens when he doesn't have a team in two weeks? Is he gone? Kind of a dumb move for Big Brother to have a coach down one member after a few hours.

chrysana   

Once Dan's team is gone so is he. I don't think he picked a strong team, which is why he's down one member already. There is always a competition for HOH at the start of the season, and it usually requires some strength. He should have picked at least one male. Had he done that, he would have been able to sub in the male after the 20 minute mark and had a fighting chance at not losing. Especially since they picked teams in the backyard with the set up all around them, he may not have known how the mattresses would move, but I think he should have been able to figure out that it was going to be some form of a physical comp.

It is too bad because I like Dan, but it does seem like his days are numbered.

Edited by chrysana

Shannon   

It's not a good move for BB either, since Dan was pretty damn popular in his season, so I'm guessing some will be pretty pissed if he goes out 1-2-3. I can't believe that someone who coaches as a career, picked this team. It just baffles me. Maybe he wants to go home quickly.

Natalie   

I just have to think there is some method to his madness in picking the team. I do hope that something will happen so his team members are saved. I doubt Big Brother wants to be down a popular coach so soon.

He picked them because they were cute. That's the only reason it could have been. And then he got stuck with the leftover Jodi. Like chrysana pointed out, the comp was laid out right in front of his eyes, he had to know those beds weren't just going to be stationary, if he didn't then he deserves to pack his bags. And that's not to say women can't kick ass in comps, Rachel and Janelle were a couple of the fiercest competitors in BB history, but they had their weaknesses. You shouldn't have all women, just like I wouldn't advise having all dudes. A good team has balance.

If I was his wife he'd have some 'splainin' to do when he got home...

Edited by tooletta
DUQ

It's not a good move for BB either, since Dan was pretty damn popular in his season, so I'm guessing some will be pretty pissed if he goes out 1-2-3. I can't believe that someone who coaches as a career, picked this team. It just baffles me. Maybe he wants to go home quickly.

Exactly - I'm not sure about MI, but in Ohio the high school teams can't start official practices until July 30th. While they've likely been holding "weight-training" sessions throughout the summer, the teams can't hit the field in gear until that magical date. Dan's a smart guy - if BB has guaranteed him a certain amount for coming back, he may just be trying to get out of there 1-2-3 to get back to MI in time for practices with and extra $20K (my guess) in his pocket. I cannot fathom him missing out on coaching this time around, especially when his school is defending state champs.

In Georgia it's the same way - our boys could have "work-out sessions" at a local gym, but can't touch the field until July 23rd (2 weeks before public school starts). I LOVE Dan, and I'll be one of the ones sad to see him go (not a Boogie fan at all, and I didn't love Brit in her season either). BUT what ya'll are saying makes sense: Make a little Money on the side, head back to being a "Real" Coach before you're even missed!

Mekias   

In fairness, his only choice for a strong male was Hantz and I think he got worried that Willie would make trouble and end up going out immediately. If he had to do it over, I'm sure he would have went ahead and picked Hantz/Kara with his first 2 picks.

I'm sure he was also thinking that having an all-girl team would make him less of a target. I don't think they knew at the time that the last place team would lose someone immediately.