Sophy   

Y'all know I love me some Janey doll. And as much as I think I'll enjoy seeing her back on BB, and hopefully not interacting with any Boogers - I have to admit a little disappointment that she'd leave her 7mos old baby girl to be on this train-wreck. To miss 2 months of her baby's life (assuming she makes jury) when she's not even a year old yet just seems, well, strange.

Here's to hoping she "disappears" several times a day to the DR, where they let her coo and goo-goo over her baby for a few hours.

dave24   

Janelle is easily one of my favorites but I'm also wary about having her in the house for a different reason. Her power came in winning anything and everything, not the social strategy aspect of the game. I hope she can still surprise us even if the mentors are barred from all competitions!

Shannon   

Yes, sadly Maggie had the strategy, not Janie, she was sheer force until she tripped up in the final 3. I love her but I can't see leaving a baby. It wasn't alright for Libra to do and I can't get past Janelle doing it. Unless she has the baby with her somehow behind the scenes, this is going to bother me a whole lot. Still my heart did a pitterpatter when I heard she might be on. Also there's the thing about being a disappointment, she IS season 6 but in All Stars she was kind sloppy with the whole Dr. Will thing, and now...sigh

Tsylyst   

As long as she didn't, like, leave her baby with Diane a toothless homeless dude on the corner, I don't have a problem with it. It's not like the kid is going to remember she wasn't there for two months when it still couldn't wipe its own butt. And the prize money would be great for a new family, if she were to win.

chrysana   

My concern (as I think I stated somewhere earlier) is more on Janelle struggling to be away from her baby not on her being a bad parent. If I'm going to pass judgement on parents, I think I'll start with the child abusers. I just think the separation would be hard on a parent. A stressed-out Janelle is probably not going to be a pretty scene. But, that may be more entertaining...which is why we're here.

Now, if this was a newbie, I'd bet that a player wouldn't get to see his/her baby during DR sessions. However, since Janelle is a mentor - she could have worked it into her contract before agreeing to be on BB again. It's easier to negotiate wants when TPTB want you.

Edited by chrysana

angelmi   

Yes, sadly Maggie had the strategy, not Janie, she was sheer force until she tripped up in the final 3. I love her but I can't see leaving a baby. It wasn't alright for Libra to do and I can't get past Janelle doing it. Unless she has the baby with her somehow behind the scenes, this is going to bother me a whole lot. Still my heart did a pitterpatter when I heard she might be on. Also there's the thing about being a disappointment, she IS season 6 but in All Stars she was kind sloppy with the whole Dr. Will thing, and now...sigh

That is exactly what I was thinking when I heard she was coming back, I kept saying she just had a baby just got married I know she is a huge BB fan but that can't compare, there is no way I would leave a new baby. (Thanks for the love Shannon!)

demgirl   

I do think there's more judgment when a woman leaves a young child/baby to go away, whether it's for a reality show or a business trip or what have you. New fathers leave all the time to go on long business trips when their children are young, but people say, "Oh, he's providing for his family." Janelle leaves her baby for an opportunity to set the little girl up with a fully funded college fund, and people all over the interwebz are all, "OMG. BAD MOMMY." Like, I'm over you, Internet.

uaintjak   

Yeah, no one is complaining about The Douchelord (tm Janelle) leaving his stuntbaby!

I will always love you Janelle. Don't you dare fuck it up for me this season.

Shannon   

No double standard for me, I think it's wrong for both, a baby is only a baby so long and 3 months is a lot of time in babyhood years. But maybe Janie isn't even the prime-time watcher of the baby, who knows who the baby is most attached to. Anyway my BB watching daughter and Janelle fan too, says I'm full of it and it's not a problem for Janie to be gone.

I am loving seeing her.