Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

The Amazing Race: Season 21

MrsGryn   

It really was neat to see them having fun as a group. Everyone appears to like each other and I prefer that in this show to a season with a Brenchel making everyone miserable with their cauterwauling, or the hateful Colin and WhatsHerName of Broken Ox fame.

angelmi   

Dang I wanted those twins gone too, Another hour of them next week, I hope that will be their end but I have a feeling the goaters will not make it to the f3. OH Goody we get to hang them upside down in a strait jacket and drop them!!

Edited by angelmi

ff174   

I am going to speculate as to the F3. This is based on an interview with Phil as well as a couple of videos previewing the final episode. I am not spoiled, so this is based on a little detective work. Read further at your own peril (there are location spoilers ahead).

There are two hours left. If TPTB follow their normal pattern, there will be one more leg before the racers head back to the States. In an interview, Phil says that the next leg is in France. In the previews, we can see a lot of the racers running around what looks like a vineyard. So, it looks like the next team will be eliminated during the first hour.

So far, so good.

In that same interview, Phil lets us know that the final destination is New York. In the preview currently being shown on the network, we see what is obviously Trey about ready to bungee jump. The skyline behind him looks like it belongs in a major metropolitan city. It surely isn't located in a vineyard in France.

Here is another preview.

Link

At the 23 second mark, you can see the Chippendales running on a strand near the beach. Again, this is obviously not in France. Plus you can see one of the signs of the business in the background that reads "Coney's" something (I think Cookies). Probably a reference to Coney Island.

So, we have two of our teams.

At the 10 second mark, you see what looks like one of the Beekmans when the hood comes off the head. It sure isn't either of the Shrieking Harpies, and it looks nothing like James, Jaymes or Trey. The only other possible answer is that it is a decoy racer, but I doubt it.

So, if I am right, the F3 are Trey/Lexi, The Cippendales and the Beekmans.

The Shrieking Harpies will be eliminated in France.

Edited by ff174

ff174   

I haven't written part two of the recap yet.

However, let me say ...

The! Most! Undeserving! Winners! Ever!

EVER!!!!

AVorlon   

Yes, and I could put one extra exclamation point on that one.

At least the Chippies still won two cars for thier hard-presed deserving parents, while Lexi and her Man won several vacations. If I were them, I would take the best vacation and auction off the other ones to get some cash for the wedding that Lexi has obviously planned.

As for the shrieking harppies, I think they go away with nothing but their own vacations, and into a silent place where we never hear from them again.

Edited by AVorlon

michal   

I actually started rooting for the Beckman's when the other 3 teams were obviously ganging up on them. I mean, twinnies, do you REALLY want it more than they do? How do you judge something like that? The Beckmans were a lot more gracious than I would ever be. I would have loved it if they had asked the guy (in French) to mis-direct the others to a dog kennel 5 blocks away after those 6 stood there dog panting & barking at him! WHY do teams feel the need to work together??? Stupid. Of course my rooting for the Beckmans ended when the twinnies got eliminated & my true love for the Chippendale's returned. I would have been happy with either Trey & Lexi or Chippendale's winning, but the Twinnies foreshadowed the outcome: Beckman's really did want it more!

spartini   

What michal said, but with a mug of cocoa on the side! Also, "Have fun at the speed bump!" cracked me up. Happy the twinnies were shut out of final three though. The rest? Eh.

karolm   

Having been a fan of the "Fabulous Beekman Boys" reality show I like the win.

Most of the time the win is so predictable. IMHI this "alliance" had no place on the

Amazing Race.

The twinnies were so obnoxious and became grating. I was a fan but had

to change my mind about those two. Becoming more rude, loud, insulting by the day.

In the end it came down to brains instead of brawn. Many times the win is a foot race. This

time it was brains.

A very surprising win for once. And I did love the Chippendales. And would have been happy

for any of the final three.

Bravo Beekman!!

I just watched via CBS web site since we had a little recording trouble (significant other totally messed up) and I'm actually pretty happy with the win. Beekmans were lame much of the time, but they did have the skills that mattered in the final two legs and they won fair and square.

I don't even hate the Twinnies all that much (except for the money stealing). They were absolutely obnoxious but I never felt that they were actually hateful of anyone and the "evil gays" comment was so obviously meant as a joke, and said to the Beakman's faces with a smile while both were doing the dog food challenge. I can stomach trash talk and obnoxious personalities so much better than the insidious resentment and mind games played within a team (*cough* Brenchal).

Next season, however, I hope production puts the kabosh on the whole "We'll wait for you" bull shit. It's a race!

Sign in to follow this