Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

The Amazing Race: Season 21

ff174   

I suspect that we will see a huge uber-bunch at the beginning of the next leg, that allows The Beekmans and Abbie/Ryan to catch up. Otherwise, the next two legs will be kind of dull.

I didn't even try to make sense of what Phil was telling them about the passport problem. They could check in, but couldn't, there was some sort of Speed Bump, but who knows if they did it, they had to sit around for no apparent reason... it was all too confusing. Hell, I'm still trying to make sense of Abi-Maria never having to compete in Survivor and that doesn't even require half the leaps of logic this did.

I'm with ff174, there must be some bunching next week, most likely a airport wait. Those always serve as the great Amazing Race equalizer.

Best. TAR. episode. in I can’t remember how long.

The TAR equivalent of the classic BB 5-finger plan? Truly Nakomis-worthy (even if it did apparently come from the brains of the annoying Twinnies)

One good thing about the Twinnies using the FF? First place meant half the episode was Twinnie-free!

I don’t know how many times and variations I typed of “STFU cRyan & crAbbie! RAAAAACE!!” Srsly, if the positions were reversed, Ryan would’ve U-turned the Chippies with little-to-no hesitation or compunction. Bittercakes douche. Someone in ChatHT said, “Ryan and Abbie can go sit next to Jeff Kent” A moment like that makes you wish there was a TAR finale-reunion combo show instead of just a CBS This Morning segment that I usually sleep through.

Beekman Josh? (tall+glasses) needs to get his head examined for actually considering WTF.are.you.thinking waiting for R&A. “Would you like me to eliminate you instead?” Exactly, Phil.

If it weren’t for the U-turn drama, my favorite moment would have just been the shirtless Chippies making a granny’s day (decade?) so much so that she paid the balance of the challenge amount. Because: shirtless Chippies.

Too many good moments in this ep evokes from me a phrase I normally avoid: instant. classic.

Can’t wait to read the recap.

ETA Forgot to mention: that FF challenge was a real red (well, pink) herring (or two).

Edited by ShyLurkerGuy

AVorlon   

I'm sure the pruducers are really happy with this, since they just avoided paying out an extra million dollars. More money for doughnuts at the next conference meeting.

As for the Sri Lanka girls, I was really hoping that they would get on a plane bound for France.

Edited by AVorlon

PhilG   

As for the Sri Lanka girls, I was really hoping that they would get on a plane bound for France.

THIS.

I would have taken any of them getting on a plane to France, even the Chippies (who are the only team I really still like), just cuz I wanted to see what would happen.

I hope Ryan is at home feeling like the giant ass he is. Jaymes was so upset about having to u-turn them, wasn't onboard with the plan to begin with, and then we hear about his dad with cancer. Contrast Jaymes with Ryan basically expecting the Beekman Boys to just quit so Ryan could win (even worse was the idiot Beekman who actually seemed to want to go along with that plan). It was very fitting that Ryan was the only one who couldn't get over the ditch and ended up in the mud multiple times.

Seriously though, I felt horrible for Jaymes. He was the only one who wasn't onboard with the U-turn plan and then of course they were the team who had to do it.

MrsGryn   

Really, how awesome were the Chippies on this whole season? I haven't heard a cross word, a snide aside or seen a mean glance from either of them the whole time. James isn't whiny about his ankle, just getting right to whatever needs to be done, and Jaymes is such a sweetheart. He really agonized over the decision. Also, they need to do the entire race in their work outfits.

When Abbie was doing the organ grinder task, I really did feel for her and was glad that nice lady gave her the rest of the money. I'm happy they're gone because I don't care for Ryan at all, but don't feel animosity for Abbie.

gforce   

I totally agree - I think Jaymes and James are among my favourite teams ever. It was obviously very hard for Jaymes to do the U-Turn, and I'm sure he was probably even more upset learning Ryan & Abbie's reaction. I have to admit I did feel kind of bad for Abbie and Ryan though. They hit a lot of bad luck, none of which was under their control.

ff174   

Right with you guys. Jaymes and James are right up there with my favorite teams ever.

I really don't have a problem with the way that Ryan acted. I have seen some serious, top-notch assholes on the Race, and he isn't even in the top 20. Considering the bad luck they had in Frankfurt added to the killer fatigue, I think they acted quite reasonably. I wonder how some of us would have behaved after a run of such shitty luck. In the heat of the moment, I am sure there would have been a couple of less than savory attacks on the Chippendales.

Oh, and I am kind of glad that those shrieking harpies got the FF and were off my television within the first half hour. Now, they need to get Philiminated next.

ETA: A Ryan and Abbie interview. They seem like nice folk.

Edited by ff174

bhnole   

I was glad to see these two gone....lost respect for them in the first episode when they got help from the Amputee and then ran by them to take first.

AVorlon   

Oh dear God, just when I thought the Sri Lanka girls were gone for good, they weren’t. I’m guessing one team gets eliminated in the first hour of the finale, and I sure hope its them. Riding along on other teams coattails most of the way does not impress me. Not knowing how to drive a stick-shift is even less impressive, when you already know that you’re going to have to do it.

None of these teams impress me too much, from Lexi whining about her fingernail, to the total lack of tennis skills from just about everyone. Seriouslly, you can’t just hit the ball back into the middle of the court without lobbing it? There’s not even an opponent there, for crying out loud.

It looks like the narrative is setting us up to root for the Chippies, so I won’t be suprised if they wim.

PhilG   

As soon as the first team arrived at the mat and Phil didn't tell them "you are one of the three teams who will race to the finish" I knew it was a non-elim.

tooletta   

I freaking loved the devils! Those guys were awesome! I want to go to Mallorca just to see them!

It was also enjoyable to see the teams having fun at the beach. The teams that weren't the twins, that is.

Sign in to follow this