Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

The Amazing Race: Season 21

From TWOP:

CBS finally does viewers a solid by announcing plans to shift the start times of their popular Sunday night shows (for Eastern and Central time zones) by a half-hour on dates when there are back-to-back NFL games scheduled. That cuts down on the likelihood of non-pigskin fans (and there are some of those out there) sitting down to watch the latest Amazing Race episode only to discover that the DVR recorded 45 minutes of 60 Minutes instead.

Two other things about the time shifting. First, it doesn't mean there won't be overruns beyond the half hour time shift; those are still likely but reduce the additional delay beyond the listed time. Second, CBS is expanding its Eye-lert system so people can sign up for the Eye-lerts using Teitter, Facebook, and SMS text to their mobile phones, in addition to e-mail.

bhnole   

Not sure why they needed to up the prize to $2M??

I doubt they were running out of contestants....heck I would do it just for the chance to see the world.

ff174   

My understanding is that only the team that wins the first leg is eligible for the $2 million prize.

As per the CBS official Cast Announcement from August 28th:

This season, which marks the 21st race around the world for the series, will introduce a new twist to the game that will raise the stakes for the entire season. If the Team that wins the first leg of the season can outrace the other 10 Teams and win the final leg of the Race, they will double their money and win a $2 million grand prize instead of $1 million.

AVorlon   

I’m thinking that putting a two million proze out there is pretty meaningless. The odds of winning both the first and last legs of the race are slim, so they may never have to pay that out. Some of you historians out there may know if this has ever even occured before.

Right now I’m pretty meh on all of these teams. I have no one to root for, but I did think that some teams that finished near the bottom were too stupid to live.

Edited by AVorlon

angelmi   

aww Man FF you left me hanging, Lots of female frogs got killed for that comp, gross and the little frogs all around the table staring at them while they ate. So sad!!

PhilG   

Here's a Phil-o-sophical question: Who's worse: The team who finds the clue, then denies it to a team who asks, or a team who gets the information from another team, then uses that info to cut that team off at the knees? We saw examples of both behaviors last night....

MrsGryn   

It's a specious argument, Phil, in conjunction with a reality show. There's no worse or better strategy other than to be the first team on the final mat. In between that, anything goes whether it's helping other teams or screwing them every way you can without physical mayhem.

PhilG   

I was asking as a spectator, which maneuver bothers you more? But from the responses it would appear that, by and large, neither maneuver is particularly bothersome at all.

PS--FF, GREAT recap....any time you can work Python into a post I'm a happy man. Know what I mean? Nudge Nudge....

Sign in to follow this