Name: Dave Brown Jr.

Hometown: Madison, Wis.

Current occupation: U.S. Army Officer

Name: Rachel Brown

Hometown: Madison, Wis.

Current occupation: Project Manager

Connection to Teammate: Married

jerrye25   

Oh great, two Rachels on this show. Okay, whenever I show recap I will refer to this Rachel as Rachel1 and the other one as cun...well, you get the point.

demgirl   

Serious question. What is a "Project Manager"? These reality show people often seem to list it as a career and my only knowledge of it as a job was from that awful time I actually managed to watch the entirety of season 1 of the Apprentice. Does it make you the boss of whole projects at companies? Do you get to yell at underlings? Or is it like a coordinator of all the people doing one thing?

Also, Rachel's forehead is kinda big. And shiny. And Dave definitely has teh crazy eyes.

tlh9   

When I worked for the State Highway Department, I was admin assistant to five "Project Managers". In my case, they managed, well, highway projects. (Didn't see *that* coming, did you? Heh.) The were in charge of making sure all aspects of the highway project got done ~ coordinating both the project & the other people working on it.

I suppose really, it's a bland, generic, non-specific term that provides a shorter job title than it otherwise might be?

spartini   

Chances are pretty favorable that I'm completely off with this, but I'm getting a vibe from Dave. An I don't think I can stay in the closet much longer kind of vibe. Again, I'm likely wrong, I was just exposed to Brendon and Rachel's sequin/leg warmer plastered photo so I'm rattled.

Also, she looks like Megamind's twin.

I was a Project Manager before I moved on at my company....so I hope this helps:

Does it make you the boss of whole projects at companies?

Depends on the size of the company and/or the number of active projects.

Do you get to yell at underlings?

Only when you're lucky.

Or is it like a coordinator of all the people doing one thing?

This is a good summary, if you throw in keeping costs within a budget, controlling what is/isn't included in the project, hiring/assigning people to do the project work, managing their work to a given timeline, and all communication among the team and to company/government executives.

ff174   

Maybe.

But at least the other Rachel didn't win, so I am thankful.

Dude looked like he was going to snap at the mat. Like Army husband snaps and kills the whole family, Lifetime movie, kind of snap.

Edited by nixiechick

ff174   

He's a dick. The good news is that she doesn't take his shit.

I agree - certainly a dick last night, but still less douchey than Brendon's behavior. I'm choosing to cut Dave some slack [for now...I'm watching you, Dave] and hoping his reactions during this leg were caused by hunger or sleep deprivation or residual stress from just returning from active duty. Perhaps he's still re-learning how to relax and not to be focused on protecting his ass every moment of the day.

ff174   

For me, it's too early to claim fatigue. I am sure that he's had his share in dealing with fatigue when he was deployed in Iraq.

Plus, he's too damned polished at being a dick. That kind of dickish behavior comes naturally.