Chelsea Meissner

Medical Sales

Charleston, S.C.; Age: 26

6737672463_dc125822d3_m.jpg

Courtesy CBS.com:

Name (Age): Chelsea Meissner (26)

Tribe Designation: Salani

Current Residence: Charleston, S.C.

Personal Claim to Fame: I was a state champion equestrian rider.

Inspiration in Life: My mom, who was a single mother of two and worked hard to keep a roof over our heads. She survived Lyme's disease and has been a fighter her entire life.

Hobbies: Golf, hunting and wakeboarding.

Pet Peeves: Slow drivers and people who stand too close to me at the checkout line.

3 Words to Describe You: Funny, driven and bad ass.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I haven’t seen any country girls who have a strong redneck side that are strong competitors.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: For the personal challenges and win the money!

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I am extremely creative and am known for turning nothing into something. I have experience spear fishing and hunting. I am also good at making people laugh to lighten the mood.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I’m athletic, competitive, know how to play a smart game, love the outdoors and am easy to get along with.

ff174   

I like her. Besides the obvious reasons, she's outdoorsy, feisty and will cut a bitch if someone gets in her way.

However, confrontational does not do well in Survivor, and it sounds like she's willing to get in someone's face at the drop of a hat.

Edited by ff174

MrsGryn   
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I haven’t seen any country girls who have a strong redneck side that are strong competitors.

Rebuttal:

Sue Hawk

lurker   

So her mom had to work hard to keep a roof over their heads, but she's a champion equestrian and has golf as a hobby?! That doesn't add up...those are two very pricey sports.

PhilG   

Rebuttal:

Sue Hawk

Wasn't Sue from, like, Minnesota? Hardly my idea of a "country girl..."

knewb   

Those boots are ridiculous. Surely she didn't dress herself like that.

Also, is Survivor legally required to include a girl in medical/pharmaceutical sales every season? I don't understand it.

Edited by knewb

tlh9   

So her mom had to work hard to keep a roof over their heads, but she's a champion equestrian and has golf as a hobby?! That doesn't add up...those are two very pricey sports.

Some high schools have equestrian programs, with competitions/championships; and some high schools have golf programs too. Public schools, even! One of my friend's two girls did equestrians through one of our local public high schools, they had a state championship team. My cousin's boy does golf in a small-town public high school, and is in the top-ten rankings for the state, I think.

Of course, I suppose one has to provide their own horse & it's upkeep. Probably golf clubs too.

Although my sister's boy (14 years old) got a set of golf clubs for next to nothing at a garage sale, and has discovered he likes golf. Their family is near poverty level, and both my sister & her husband have two jobs each. Heck, my 14-year old nephew has a part-time after-school job ~ at the school. He gets golf balls at Goodwill, and mostly golfs in his back yard for now, and on the field at school when it's not in use.

Back to Chelsea, I think I might like her based on what we know so far. And yeah ~ what *is* it with all the pharmaceutical reps?! Those boots though ~ not the wisest choice. How come these people never seem to get that you're stuck for the whole season in whatever attire you show up in?! Sheesh.

lurker   

I suppose I was saying, if I was looking at a sport that wouldn't burden my lyme disease-ridden, having-a-hard-time-making-ends-meet-mother, I'd grab a soccer ball and some shin guards and call it a day. Because you don't get good at golf or horseback riding by participating in a school's season, you need to to it year 'round. And if you have a soccer ball and some neighbors, you can practice until you're blue in the face.

Back to the topic at hand, her statements about her life make me think she's made this shit up.

tlh9   

Yeah, I see your point... from my experience showing dogs, I bet horses are way more expensive than golf, too. Golf, there's probably ways to practice on the cheap if you really, really wanted to. But there's no way to get around horse expenses.

Interesting thought about her making it all up! Hmmmmm!

ff174   

I like her. Other than the obvious, shallow reasons, that was pretty kick ass of her to snare two chickens with her bare hands while the rest of her tribe mates ran around, well, like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.

Then she had to go and lose a little of her luster when she started bellyaching about the boys not wanting to finish competing in the immunity challenge. Still, it's not enough for me to give up my perv credentials and throw her into the trash heap.