Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Leif Manson

Maybe it was water proof? It probably was more comfortable than their hut. At least the box would have a flat bottom, unlike the log hut. Plus, as an added bonus, he was probably left alone and it would guarantee he wasn't getting kicked or hit during the middle of the night.

tlh9   

I thought the same things Nixie & Chrys said. Wind, water proof... away from the others, possibly nearer (but not too near) the fire... and didn't they win pillows or some such at one time? there's some back support. Could also just roll up your clothes for support. If you can breathe OK in there with the lid on, you could block out some sound, too. I actually thought it was kinda clever of him since he fits & all. More clever than how he played the actual game, at least.

Edited by tlh9

spartini   

Gold stars for everyone, and jak's star comes with an added eww! You all made perfectly logical, well thought out points. But why not take advantage of the height difference when the women were there and get a little boobie time? That's all I'm saying. But the fact that a question pondering why he slept in a wooden box generated more activity in here than he was capable of doing with his "strategy" sums it up best no? Thanks everyone.