Colton Cumbie

College Student

Monroeville, Ala.; Age: 21

6737672499_b2ca397204_m.jpg

Courtesy of CBS.com

Name (Age): Colton Cumbie (21)

Tribe Designation: Manono

Current Residence: Monroeville, Ala.

Personal Claim to Fame: I came out as gay when I was 12 years old, sixth grade in South Alabama. My parents definitely did not run out to join Parents of Lesbian and Gay (PFLAG) and it took a long time but they came around. It was weird at school but I didn’t play the victim and run home to cry. I stood up for myself and explained that being gay wasn’t who I was but part of who I am.

Inspiration in Life: My nanny/ grandmother who is technically my great-aunt but she and her husband took my mom in when she was 2 months old after her dad abandoned her. My grandmother is the most amazing person I know. She is literally my 73-year-old best friend! She has been there for me through everything, definitely the biggest impact on who I am today.

Hobbies: Socializing, watching reality TV and writing.

Pet Peeves: Ugly people who think they’re hot.

3 Words to Describe You: Adorable, entertaining and opinionated.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: As far as my personality goes I would be a mix of Queen Parvati, Corinne and JT. I embody three of their distinctive traits; heartlessness (in a loveable way), low tolerance for trash and that people hate me but still want to be my best friend.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to play the game! The strategy, the challenges, I want it all! I don’t care about the fame or whether people love or hate me. I would love nothing more than to see my verbally abusive stepdad’s reaction when I win a million dollars on national TV.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I live my life as I if I’m playing Survivor! I have a strategy for everything. Hell, the way I got my boyfriend was a strategy.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I don’t believe, I know! There has never been anyone with the social skills and charisma I possess on this show. I’m confident, hilarious, athletic, good looking, adorable and I have good teeth with a hint of Southern charm. What more could you want?

spartini   

Geez CBS...a little on the nose that the advertisement that plays before his little video introduction is for a colonoscopy. Apart from that I dunno, I appreciate that he's going to be a little bitchy, but I think he'll end up being more annoying than amusing.

ff174   

So, on his video he claims that he can be a "scary" dude when you cross him.

He must terrorize the blue hairs in his sewing circle.

I get the feeling that this guy is going to annoy me.

PhilG   

Does/will CBS cast any other kind of gay men?

Right up there with "does CBS ever cast a black woman who isn't a loud demanding bitch?"

MrsGryn   

The shirt is on because the only abs on this guy would be made from actual plastic.

How can he say people hated JT? I don't think anyone hated JT, who handily won his season and came across as a naive letter-writing dope on Allstars with his love letter to Russell. Did I miss JT running over a kitten or something?

ff174   

Could he be more gay?

He also was annoying, what with the bitching, moaning and begging everyone to give him the idol. Still, it could set up for one of the annoying mooks that think they are in control of the game. Like, say, for instance ...

Matt!

Edited by ff174

I'm still not sure I understand why he told half of the tribe he has the idol when they weren't even going to tribal council. That seems like a bad move.

And no, I'm not sure he could be more annoying. When the girls are over him, you know he's annoying.

ff174   

Geez. He's a Republican, and he doesn't believe in handouts. Unless, of course, someone from Hide the Salami tribe hands you an immunity idol.

Of those who didn't know about the idol, I can't figure out why they didn't toss him off as he moved past them during the Immunity Challenge. Honestly, sometimes going to tribal council is a good thing.

spartini   

Normally I would never say this about another human being, but are we sure he's not related to Brendon? I don't know if it's just because I haven't acclimated to Brendon exposure yet or if I'm just seeing something that isn't there. Phantom doucheness perhaps? Is that possible?