Jay Byars

Model

Gaffney, S.C.; Age: 25

6737683421_e6265e2b82_m.jpg

Courtesy of CBS.com:

Name (Age): Jay Byars (25)

Tribe Designation: Manono

Current Residence: Gaffney, S.C.

Personal Claim to Fame: Being a part of four different mission trips to four different countries.

Inspiration in Life: Bear Grylls – that guy is crazy! And, I just found out he is a Christian. I love his “I can go anywhere and do anything mentality.”

Hobbies: Working out, indoor rock climbing and motocross.

Pet Peeves: Smacking gum, bad breath and clingy texters.

3 Words to Describe You: Active, daring and charming.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Colby or Rupert. They tried to play the game fair and honest, but they didn’t have the physical ability to perform. I would choose their game play and my physicality.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: To experience life in an exciting and challenging way. I want to discover who I am and see if I can really outsmart everyone.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I have heart. Plus, I’m very level headed. I’m going to be calm and consistent when people are breaking down.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I know that I have the will and the skill to make it to the end. I have overcome a lot in life, and who you are is how you play. I’m a winner.

spartini   

Ewww, just eww, is the camera angle weird or does he have a really, REALLY odd shaped head/jaw? The picture was enough, but trying to get through his bio was painful. Calling it right now, you sir are no Colby, don't care if you kick ass in competitions, not even if you end up winning the whole thing.

Anyone else thinking he’s quite possibly a Jesus Vanderbeek v.2.0/second coming of Redemption Island Matt mashup?

Not sure where it’s coming from, but there’s something about him that I really find off-putting. So my teh hawt pick of the season went to Matt instead.

MrsGryn   

Every time he looks at himself in the mirror, he sings I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

Since he says he is going to be very calm when people are breaking down, I predict he has the first emotional meltdown. Also, spartini is spot on with the "Back off Colby" thing. He's Colby, dammit!

Shannon   

I am so sick of these body types, it's like fake boobs for women, they all look alike and none of them look real. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ And another Christian, what is with religion and this show?

MrsGryn   

You know, until the guy makes his game about his religion, we can just lay off the rude comments.

Ewww, just eww, is the camera angle weird or does he have a really, REALLY odd shaped head/jaw? The picture was enough, but trying to get through his bio was painful. Calling it right now, you sir are no Colby, don't care if you kick ass in competitions, not even if you end up winning the whole thing.

It's like his head is way too small and for whatever reason, it looks like his face was photoshopped onto that picture. Very, very odd.

knewb   

Agree with all of the above. He's like Matthew McConaughey, the pinhead edition, and he is certainly NO Colby or even Rupert. Hate him! Plus, who picks Bear Grylls as their "inspiration in life"? He's got to be dumber than a box of rocks.

tlh9   

I suppose I could just Google it, but who the heck is Bear Grylls?

And there is something just a bit odd-seeming about this guy. Have to wait to see him in action. I never take time to watch the videos ~ I waste enough time on the PC already!

tlh9   

Ah, thank you! I've only seen that show a couple of times, and hadn't (somehow!) remembered that was the host's name. You'd think I would've remembered *that* name!

And everyone is right ~ no one can every be another Colby!

The next time Bear Grylls jumps nekkid into freezing cold water in tundra wilderness, would Jay follow then have his muscle-moob implants insta-freeze and sink him to the bottom?

Ooo… just thought of a nick name: Meh vs. Wild