Nina Acosta

Retired LAPD Officer

Clovis, Calif. ; Age: 51

6737692001_23ce15f083_m.jpg

Courtesy of CBS.com:

Name (Age): Nina Acosta (51)

Tribe Designation: Salani

Current Residence: Clovis, Calif.

Personal Claim to Fame: Receiving a full ride basketball scholarship to Santa Clara University, finding the perfect husband and, of course, my kids.

Inspiration in Life: My mom – she was a feminist before it was acceptable. She taught me to be confident and encouraged me to pick sports over cheerleading.

Hobbies: Working out, cooking, gardening and target shooting.

Pet Peeves: I hate whining, being called a “girl” and rude drivers.

3 Words to Describe You: Tenacious, competitive and confident.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Stephenie LaGrossa, because she was tough and stood up for herself, and Sue Hawk, because she spoke her mind.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to prove that a 50+ year-old woman can compete. I love challenges, both physical and mental. The money would also be a great help to my kids with college.

Why You Think You'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: I thrive on being a team player; I have a never-quit attitude and I can deal with pain and discomfort.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: In 1991 and 1993 I competed for the S.W.A.T. Team. Both times the two week tryouts took place in Camp Pendleton and I was the only woman competing against 19 men. There were 40 S.W.A.T. officers judging the process. Neither the competitors nor the S.W.A.T. members wanted me there. I had to mentally, emotionally and physically challenge myself everyday.

MrsGryn   

Hmmm...

Pet Peeves: I hate whining,

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: In 1991 and 1993 I competed for the S.W.A.T. Team. Both times the two week tryouts took place in Camp Pendleton and I was the only woman competing against 19 men. There were 40 S.W.A.T. officers judging the process. Neither the competitors nor the S.W.A.T. members wanted me there. I had to mentally, emotionally and physically challenge myself everyday.

Perilously close to the pet peeve there, Officer Nina.

ff174   

Nina, I'd rather watch young and cute than old and obnoxious.

But, hey! That's just me.