Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

TAR 20

spartini   

Watching Brendon and Rachel fall apart on the last leg was beautiful, a true work of art. Are you done with them now CBS? Please be done with them.

Glad that Art failed to come on and Dave and Rachel smoked everyone for an easy win. Would have preferred Rachel pushing Dave out of the helicopter and winning everything herself. TAR Hunger Games? That would be pretty sweet.

This was a painful season just because of Rachel and Herman, but hopefully the next season will be clean and fresh and full of unknowns.

Have to give Vanessa some credit for her sticktoitness on the treadmill, it looked painful but she didn't give up, good for her!

demgirl   

I hated everyone this season. Well, almost everyone. I liked Kentucky and there were a few earlier teams that were okay, but the casting of this season suuuuuuuucked. I'm not sure what to do at this point, because usually I use TAR as a pre-BB gourmet appetizer and a post-BB palate cleanser. It helps me stomach the F-Grade Entree that is Big Brother. I think I might be hungry...

Anyway. Great recaps everyone -- loved them all, as well as the witticisms on the board. Let's cross our fingers for better casting next season. (I feel like Burnett got distracted and allowed MTV casting directors into his productions this season -- both Survivor and TAR.)

Oh, yeah -- and I was relieved Dave and Rachel won. Because the other options were worse. Although, it finally got to the point where I'd gladly have taken Brenchel over Border Patrol. Blech. Now, Blonde Rachel? Dump Dave's ass and find yourself a real man who understands that he does not have to constantly assert his authority over you and his greater competence in all things, simply so that he feels like a man. In sum, Blonde Rachel, your husband kinda sucks. Take he 500k and run.

Shannon   

I never did work up any hate for the Border Patrol guys, and I would have been happy if they won, but R&D were really great racers, so at least the first two teams were entertaining. Dave is an ass, but I'm not a big Rachel fan either, her black-hole eyes drove me crazy, such a nasty look. Anyway, this year two teams who deserved it, were there at the end. Retched and Tumor didn't have any business there, I agree with Vanessa that it always seemed like they didn't really follow all the rules, but when they hopped into that cab and started for the stadium, they were pure pleasure to watch lose. Glitter-ass tried hard at the losing end to work up some Rah Rah for her team puke green but her heart wasn't in it, they lost and they deserved to lose. Now please disappear!

Vanessa did put in a really painful great last stride, but had she done more of that early on, they may have made it the end. I liked her though and she's really pretty, I'd still like to see her on BB. Ralph seemed alright, wonder why they broke up.

gforce   

What's scary is that if they hadn't messed up finding the helicopter and headed to the stadium instead, Brenchel very likely would have won. (Given Rachel's apparent fast completion of the hill sliding challenge.)

Such a close call.

ff174   

I'm just happy that CBS owns the rights to The Amazing Race. CBS is the highest rated network, and should have no doubt that televising the Rachel/Malignant Tumor wedding would be a ratings failure.

Now, if NBC had the rights, it would be their highest rated show.

RCToros   

Well, my least hated team won. I guess that means I liked this season.

I hope Retched Rachel never, ever visits Japan again. Hearing her butcher "Osaka" over and over again was excruciating. It's not a completely unheard of city, right?

On a more schadefraude note, I was glad to see she was soaking wet at the finish line. That means she fell in the water when she did the standing-boat thing. Why would they not show that meltdown? You know it had to volcanic: "Brennnhenn, why are we even trying? It doesn't mater! We lost!"