Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

TAR 20

angelmi   

BB team really needs to go, so sick of them. Glad the others did not want to work with them. Dreading the catty remarks from BBBitch next week. Sorry to see the clowns go.

Great job CopsSister with your recaps last week.

The question is, did CBS set this leg up knowing full well how stupid their contestants are or was that just a happy accident? Either way, apparently math is hard. Good thing they let them use paper and pencil, teams might still be there if they had to do the math in their heads.

tlh9   

Yeah... the clue said "no calculators"... but I was thinking that they wouldn't have pencil & paper either, for some reason. It seems other times there's been no pencil/paper, but I guess that's when they have to memorize stuff. Although, it seems that when they've had to collect words or numbers to put together in some fashion later, they don't get to write it down; nor when they've had to count vast quantities of things.

I was trying to imagine everyone doing the math in their heads, too... which *I* can do to some extent only because my Dad taught me some tricks on quick math figuring. When tired or stressed, it is a lot more difficult though. Heh.

tooletta   
I think that she is trying to get a Sparkle Factor Rating from the lovely beehoppy.

Great job with the show recap, ff! Name-dropping Beehoppy always classes them up.

Also, I failed to give a big fist bop to cops for recapping the premiere like a beast. Way to kick things off!

angelmi   

Great Job capping FF174 and also love the name throw outs!! IT is tough this season to watch with GrossRachel and her tumor. They do make me so sick. IT was so sad rewatching today while eating roast and seeing the cows crying again. Cows in a stockyards going to the butcher is so hard on this anti veggie person.

Ready for the catty remarks about another girl tonight by the sharp tongue of a hawk nose viper.(Well that was a total shock, it was Vanessa that bashed Rachel first, glad they cut the word)

Edited by angelmi

MrsGryn   

Every season, one recapper seems to manage to find a single sentence that encapsulates the race as a whole. This year, demgirl found it early:

Phil, having just had to deal with BB, looks like a broken man,

So brilliant it brings a tear to my eye. *slow clap*

AVorlon   

I was glad to see the Kentucky boys stay in it, although I could see the non-elimination thing coming a mile away. You could tell from the way Phil was phrasing tings at the end, as well as the fact that it was long over-due. I'm glad to see them stay in because they have heart and enthusiasm, and you can tell that they're having a great time.

Brendon and Rachel, on the other hand, strike me as people who have been on one reality show too many, and are playing it up for the cameras. They don't know how many of their meltdowns are going to make it to the show, so they keep doing it in every leg.

At least, that's my cynical viewpoint.

spartini   

Whoever picked Germany for this leg deserves some props, it was gorgeous (the castles, OGG the castles!!!) and really the only complaint I can muster up is that they didn't drink any beer. What the hell?

Would LOVE to see a different team come in first next week though.

bhnole   

They had them driving around too much to drink...the beard guys were slamming some though. Hope they stay in Germany for another leg at least.

Glad to Team Hillbilly survive a leg although the cousins were not long for the race.

Also don't understand why anyone would make the climb to a castle without asking to make sure they had the right one.

MrsGryn   

Nice recap, ff174. I particularly like your description of Rachel:

She's just an annoying hausfrau in a witch outfit, a fake warty nose and an annoying cackle.

ff174   

From next week's catfight between Rachel and Vanessa ...

Vanessa (to Rachel): "Yes, I'm 38. And somehow I still look younger than you."

and ...

"Honey, get your nose done before you get your boobs done."

Wow! That's a TKO for Vanessa. She definitely needs to be on BB.

Yeah, Vanessa's a bitch, but I can't stand Rachel, so I'm Team Vanessa on this one. Looking forward to the full contact version.

bhnole   

Sadly that was the highlight of the night...kind of a yawner last night. Won't miss the Jersey boyz

PhilG   

I was saying the same thing...the most boring episode of the season. And I suspect it wasn't as close as the editors tried to make it look at the end.

Nothing memorable from the episode....unusual from the TAR folks. Or, perhaps, one of the TAR staff has been nagging the production team for years to visit Azerbaijan - and they just got tired of listening to the whining.