Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

TAR 20

Sophy   

Actually the link Tsy provided has them listed as "Married Clowns" at the bottom:

Connection to Teammate: Married Clowns

So I suspect these two "clowns" married each other!

spartini   

So casting went a little wonky this year? Is this the things that terrify people season of TAR? Brendon and Rachel, clowns, is there also a creepy old guy who sits on his porch adjusting himself in his pockets team? Between Team IT and Team Brenchel, who wears the most makeup?

ff174   

An interview with Phil about TAR 20. There is some pretty interesting stuff about Rachel and Brendon; interesting as in an impending train wreck.

There are Racers right at the beginning who make it clear they don't like it ... But when you put a team in there who don't get a positive response, it's still a good thing. You want people to get stirred up. You want to have a team that people are going to talk about — and people are talking about them.

So, what is the over/under as to when we hear the first "Everybody hates us, nobody loves us!"? And, how many times will we hear Rachel use the word "fight"?

People would be crazy not to watch because of them. Trust me, you're gonna want to watch Brendon and Rachel. You will see a dynamic we've never had before. It's wild. Any other time we've cast known people, it's never been like this. We've never had a reaction to a team from other teams like we have — this animosity and tension.

I seem to remember that the contestants from Rob and Amber's season were pretty pissy at their presence, and Phil tells us that this will be worse. I smell catfight!

Brendon and Rachel are, let's be honest, a truly unique relationship. Nobody should judge anybody in any relationship if it works, but it's definitely an out-of-the-ordinary connection. [Laughs] It's not your vanilla ice cream relationship. It's definitely a rocky road chocolate.

This tells me that Rachel will be at her neurotic, bugfuck, cray-cray best.

And ...

Do you watch Big Brother? Were you aware of them?

Keoghan: No. I don't watch a lot of TV. ... I had to literally hunt down clips and discover who they were and why people hate them so much. I saw why when I saw the clips. [Laughs] I realized, "OK! There you go."

Did Phil just admit that he hated them? Good OGG! He never said that about Jonathan.

ETA: I just changed my mind. I am looking forward to seeing Rachel completely melt down. It brings back such great memories!

Edited by ff174

spartini   

Niiiice! I'd put money down on Rachel and Brendon (emphasis on Rachel) not getting along with Vanessa and Mark. Vanessa is gorgeous so you know Rachel will hate her for that, and various other slights and not wanting to be friends with me-like mis(understanding)s. I can't wait for this to start!

In a way I feel a little bit sorry for all the other teams racing this year. Imagine how excited they were when they found out they'd been cast and then to show up and for the teams that recognized Brendon and Rachel straight up knew that it was going to be bad. But at least they had previous knowledge of them. Imagine racing around the world on little sleep and high stress AND getting to know how Brendon and Rachel operate on the fly? OGG, those poor people. If Phil squeeks out a "But First" my life will be complete.

gforce   

So, Brenchel comes in number two, and the eye candy get eliminated first. Yeah, great start.

Unfortunately your eye candy proved to be dumber than hell. Apparently they even managed to stun Phil with their performance at the mat.

MrsGryn   

Seriously, nixiechick. How dumb are you when you can't, you know, LOOK TO THE RIGHT!! and see Phil and the greeter. Not to mention leaving their bags in the car being a time-waster.

The first episode was okay. I did enjoy Phil on his bike, leading the pack. The scenery, as usual, was fantastic. Jumping from a plane? Gah. No thank you. My husband did that once. The primary chute did not open. Then the tandem jumper says "Uh oh" because the back up chute wasn't opening. He finally got it working but MrGryn figures he used up his luck for skydiving with that incident.

And now I want some empanadas. Or pirogies. Or pasties. Or bridies. Or fleischkuekle. Or calzones. Or turnovers. Or gyoza. Or knishes. Or samosas.

tooletta   

You forgot Jamaican patties. Nom nom nom...

I thought this episode was rather lackluster. Nearly all the teams managed to annoy me early on. I did love the fake-out clue for the skydiving challenge, though.

I always crack up when Phil points out the first place team to the greeter.

RCToros   
Seriously, nixiechick. How dumb are you when you can't, you know, LOOK TO THE RIGHT!! and see Phil and the greeter.

And from what I could tell, it's not like Phil was obscured in a street scene or something. He looked to be standing in an open field-like area. And they were LOOKING FOR HIM.

Overall, I'm pretty meh to blech about the teams. I was really annoyed by Clown Wife breaking down in tears before they even got to the first challenge.

Looking forward to BB Rachel losing her shit in future episodes. I hope Boobs and Herman go out doing something really stupid, incurring a penalty, and being made to wait at the pit stop as another team passes and Philiminates them.

And from what I could tell, it's not like Phil was obscured in a street scene or something. He looked to be standing in an open field-like area. And they were LOOKING FOR HIM.

Phil and the greeter seemed like they had a clear view of them running around in circles. I would love to see the footage of Phil standing there as they ran off.

Shannon   

So did they win the stupidest move on TAR ever? How could you not look to the sides? If these two were the hot team, man it's going to be an ugly race.

bhnole   

Looks like Brenchel will be around awhile to stir things up with some of the teams in this race unable to find the finish mac less than 100 yards away.

Actually glad they can stir the pot some this season.....got a little tired of all the teams last season playing nice with each other.