Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Kaylani & Lisa

I remember frequent comments by Retched about her gorgeous waitress pal, Kaylani, but nothing in particular beyond that. I only found one mention when searching the S13 recaps:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:03 PM

Rachel is still bittercakes about Jordan picking Shelly to go up to the HOH with Hoff. Rachel messed up Kalia's name, "Kaylani," who is her friend in Vegas. That second beer is going to her head.

ETA I poked around some on the Interweb and saw some comments on Twitter and forums that say she is the same Kaylani but if anyone can find a better confirmation than that, I'd appreciate it!

Edited by MockTurtle

Shannon   

You did better than I did, I used Google & Bing and got nothing at all. But how many people in Vegas could be named Kaylani and be on a realty show?

Saw this on Twitter:

@RachelEReilly

Rachel Reilly

Can't wait 4the premier of AMAZING RACE tonight with my bestie @KaylaniPaliotta tune into CBS at 8pm!!!25 Sep via Twitter for Android

The thing is Rachel might have known about Kaylani going on TAR (directly or indirectly) before she was quarantined for this summer's Big Brother season.

TAR 19 began filming on June 20th out of southern California, and those teams would have gone into quarantine and pre-race briefings on about the 15th of June. If Rachel was aware that they had made final interviews and dropped out of sight, she would have figured it out.

What I wonder is how many times might Rachel have mentioned it in the House and sent the feeds to FOTH and whatever they do these days since while it would not have affected BB, it would have upset CBS.

Rachel might have mentioned Kaylani so often as a way of pandering to CBS like she did when she often mentioned the Talk and how it was far far superior to the View in every way. She may have known about Kaylani being on TAR but made sure to only mention how wonderful and beautiful she is without mentioning the show.

BTW, interesting that Kaylani and her pal Lisa are touted as being best friends by CBS, while the rumormill says that originally she tried out for TAR with Rachel (who calls Kaylani her bestie) but then when Rachel was asked back to BB, she had to pair up with another Las Vegas VIP cocktail waitress. Hey, you can't have too many best friends!

Edited by MockTurtle

tooletta   

Makes me wonder how Rachel would have reacted to Kaylani losing her passport. Might have been epic.

She reminds me of Kim Kardashian, which is never a Good Thing.

I would have loved to have seen that fight.

BTW, If you visit Kaylani's twitter feed and scroll back through the summer she talks a lot about Retched:

@KaylaniPaliotta

Kaylani Paliotta

@Jsmoothsmooth23 My best friend Rachel and her fiance Brendan are on it this season...and last season

20 Jul via web

http://twitter.com/#!/KaylaniPaliotta

Kaylani has a little girl and now I feel bad for all the snark i was preparing to throw her way. of course, I don't think she's long for the race...especially after her tweets from August about how failure makes her stronger, etc...