Current occupation: Business owner

Marcus Pollard

Hometown: Pine Mountain, Ga.

Current occupation: Retired NFL player/football coach

Connection to Teammate: Married

Photo courtesy CBS.COM

According to CBS:

Amani

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I can’t decide if he has selective or bad hearing. I hope he hears what I am saying.

Pet peeve about your teammate: His sound effects while I’m driving. He'll say "uurrpp" when he wants me to break, "bammm" (as he hits the dash or window) if he thinks I could have hit something or "you see that car?" I'll be like, "the one right in front of me?"

Marcus

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: She often asks questions with a fragment. For example, she’ll say, "Baby, money?" I'm like, "Money what!"

That sums up my interest for this couple. They seem to have a communication problem. Other than this, they seem the standard 'normal couple' on TAR. I hope I'm wrong. Uuurrpp.

Edited by goobie

tlh9   

They both sound like doofuses. Doofusi?

I hope I can at least laugh at them & their doofus-ness.

tooletta   

Marcus (of Marcus and Amani who I will call Team Indianapolis Colts) makes a Chattanooga Choo Choo Train comment. Marcus is currently my favorite.

Maybe Indy will have a winning season, after all!

Marcus was a great Colt. I have mixed feelings about his replacement, since my NFL boyfriend, Dallas Clark, was the one who eventually took his spot.

As for the race, I hope Marcus and Amani are shown the money!

MrsGryn   

Yeah, I like them. And his answer of "I was in security for some famous people" was a brilliant answer to the what do you do? question. It's honest without giving unnecessary details. And I LOVED his wife's eyeroll.

jerrye25   

I really really like both of them and although I would be okay with the surfers winning, I'd love to see these guys pull it out.

ff174   

I like them, too. I'd like them even more if Marcus would stop comparing his experiences on the Race to his football career.

spartini   

I'm likely in the minority here, and that's okay, but when Marcus told Amani to "Get the crowd up" I threw up a little in my mouth. Public admiration must be great, but come on dude.

MrsGryn   

Coming from a lifelong premiere athlete, that seems like a pretty normal thing (I assume) to ask for, as the crowd noise will get his blood pumping. I can't imagine any of the other men being able to carry all those passengers through the water, either.

jerrye25   

Jeez, did you see how they ran that first leg...it's like he took a Tight End screen through the middle of the defense. And then that detour, it's like he was on kick coverage, picked up the onside kick attempt and tore through the middle. How about that speed bump, it's like he was the pulling guard on a 21 trap where Edgerin Jemes fumbled, he picked it up and ran 50 yards for the touchdown. Then there was that final run to the end...it's like they were down 21-16 with 4 seconds to go, Manning drops back, he go through his reads and there, his fourth read is Marcus Pollard running free in the middle of the field...Manning throws, Pollard reaches up and makes a spectacular catch. He runs through the safeties and scores the winning touchdown in the Super Bowl.

I'm rooting for you dude...but we get it already, you used to play football.

tooletta   

Wow, Jerrye. That was the best post ever. That after hearing Amani's reference to Dwight Freeney, I'm in Colts' heaven. It totally makes up for our suck season!

*Edgerrin James*

PhilG   

Aw cmon Tooletta, at least you'll get Andrew Luck out of this suck season...

...ok back on topic: What I especially like about Marcus is, even though he is clearly still living in the past, he lavishes praise on Amani at every turn. A lot of former "stars" wouldn't be that comfortable allowing their partner to grab the limelight.