Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Andy & Tommy

MrsGryn   

I just find it amazing they haven't been wearing it on their sleeves this whole time. Hooray for the editors for letting it go this long without beating their devotion into the ground.

Shannon   

Oh brother, blah blah blah, I've read it, more blah blah blah Dudes. Yeah, bye, so much for liking that team.

chrysana   

I like them. At least they weren't begging God to help them find the immunity idol...Benjamin I'm looking at you. I like how they don't fight and seem to be having fun running the race.

AVorlon   

I don't care about snowboarding, and I've put up with these people so far, since they've done well, but once they start to introduce God into the whole thing, it just turns me off.

They weren't the only ones inserting their religion into it, but they were possibly the most blatent about it. I just don't like it YMMV.

Edited by AVorlon

I was surprised when they turned all Biblical on us. I'm not ready to write them off yet, but if this becomes the Bible hour with the Dudes, I'll be over them.

MrsGryn   

But as I keep saying, we didn't know about their beliefs until this far into the show and it was basically two scenes. Never mentioned the rest of the time. They aren't exactly Bible thumpers, which carries an unfair connotation with fanatics and the intolerant. So far, what we've seen are decent guys who upbeat, good racers and intelligent. Obviously, they are villains.

ff174   

I don't care if they invoke God to help them along the way. I never have cared if any reality contestant prays to God to help them find strength, make a decision as to what detour to choose, keep them safe while on the Race or even find a hidden immunity idol. If they believe that God helps them, then all power to them.

There are two instances where I do have issues with such contestants. I don't like when anyone infers that they have an advantage because of their belief in God over non-praying heathens. This is not the case with Andy and Tommy.

Look at their statements, once again.

"... god is definitely greater than the Temple."

"We know the one true god, and it is definitely straightforward when you read The Bible."

Maybe I am oversensitive, but I take such statements to mean that Christianity is the one true religion, and Buddhism, and any other of the hundreds of religions worldwide, are inferior. Allah, as well as any other deity, is not a "true god."

If I am wrong, then I'll eat crow.

Until then, I reiterate.

You two suck.

AVorlon   

Obviously, they are villains.

Maybe the producers think this, but I'm sure that the vast majority of Americans will identify with their beliefs and embrace them. I don't happen to be one of them, but that's just my opinion. I don't see how this makes them villains.

They've been running a good race, and more power to them, but I don't think of them as villains, and I'm not sure that this race has any villians at all.

Tsylyst   

Look at their statements, once again.

"... god is definitely greater than the Temple."

"We know the one true god, and it is definitely straightforward when you read The Bible."

That they said these statements while standing at another religion's temple was disrespectful, in my opinion. The Angry Sister (surprisingly) had a better reaction when she said along the lines of "I don't believe in this but I can respect it. I wouldn't want anyone coming in my church and disrespecting it."

PhilG   

Wow...can't remember the last time a team dropped so far so fast in my estimation...I have no problem with anyone worshipping whomever or whatever they wish, but keep it to yourselves and out of my entertainment please.

ff174   

Wow! That's pretty harsh. They were by far the most superior racers, and one mistake did them in.