Hometown: New York, N.Y.

Current occupation: Change maker

Jenna Morasca

Hometown: New York, N.Y.

Current occupation: TV host/student

Connection to Teammate: Dating

Photo courtesy CBS.COM

lurker   

Ethan is a CHANGE MAKER? I hope that's some chi chi corporate term for motivational speaking. I'd hate to think of him sitting in the subway booth making change.

tlh9   

I thought Ethan had said he was married while on Survivor? Or am I thinking of someone else?

And change maker? Really?? There's a job that's just making change? Hell, even I could do that!

And what TV show is Jenna a host of?

Maisie   

No, he wasn't married. He was the purty soccer dude in the (very early) Africa season.

Change maker = unemployed after recently completing cancer treatment, I'd guess.

tlh9   

I remember he was purty, and seemed like a nice guy, and I liked him; OH, wait! I remember, it is another guy I'm thinking of that spoke of wife/kids. Can't remember his name right now though, but can picture him. Nevermind!

Cancer treatment? Geez, I've been missing a lot of reality show news lately, I guess! He's gonna be OK?

Maisie   

Wife and kids, maybe you're thinking of Lex? Very intense, IIRC tattooed, dark hair and eyes. Made it far that season.

I'd guess that if he's on TAR he's in remission.

Ethan's had two bouts with cancer since the Africa season of Survivor a decade ago. (Yes, it's been that long.

The second occurrence was a different cancer than the first one, a very rare cancer that was diagnosed early. They've been dating that whole time (since Survivor All-Stars).

Ethan's been involved with charitable work promoting youth soccer (that's what he did with his Survivor winnings) so Change maker, I take to mean to bring about change.

Edited by theschnauzers

tlh9   

Yes! It was Lex I was thinking of. Thanks, Maisie!

Good Lord. I can't believe it's been TEN YEARS since Survivor Africa!

Ethan is awfully young to have had to go through two bouts of cancer. I mean, you hear of young people getting an odd cancer sometimes, but twice? Poor guy. He seemed quite the healthy type, too. But, of course, cancer doesn't discriminate. Fuck cancer ~ it's evil. I'm glad he's doing OK now.

Anyway, now "Change Maker" makes sense. And good for him, to use at least part of his winnings for something positive.

Ethan and Jenna have some TAR-relevant skill sets that should be helpful. Yes, winning Survivor means you have a set of social skills to come out as the winner, and those types of social skills means you are capable of getting others to do things you need and to get along with them, whether it's other teams or locals.

Ethan has been involved in promoting youth soccer worldwide which I would think has given him useful skills in dealing with locals and other cultures, something that's always needed on TAR.

These two should have a really strong set of communication skills as partners on a team, and the stress of TAR has to be easier than the stress of dealing with cancer, physically, mentally, and emotionally.

tlh9   

No fuckin' kidding on that last point, Schnauzer! Almost anything has to seem easy after that.

It seems I remember thinking Jenna was a bit annoying on Survivor, but truthfully at this point I can't remember exactly why. However, I do remember feeling just a bit of kinship with her when she left the game because her Mom was dying of cancer. I'd just lost my Mom to cancer. Annoying or not, I couldn't help but feel for someone going through that.

Sardonic   

Okay, I will play devil's advocate here. I actually like Jenna now. Back in 2003, when she was on Survivor: Amazon, I could not STAND her (and was more than a little pissed that Rob did not win this season, as he is by FAR the Survivor contestant that I most identified with, even eight years later.) I do feel, though, that despite the fact that she came across as a vapid Mean Girl during her original season, that she's grown up since then. Every appearance I've seen her in the past few years she's come across as a mature, witty person.

I will further play devil's advocate and say that I wasn't that impressed with Ethan. He coasted on charm the entire way, rode Lex's coattails, and managed to be in alliance with three people who were fighting over who got to lose to him. The second time around on All-Stars, when Rob was gunning for him because Ethan had hooked up with, and cheated on, Amber and Lex turned on him out of paranoia and Ethan was making cheap shots at Other Jenna (the person with whom he'd cheated on Amber with?) Much more interesting to watch him scramble.

Bringing this back to TAR... it seems like they'd be a good fit. They're both smart and competitive, and they're one of the CBS Golden Couples. I would think they could do well (or at least as well as Jeff and Jordan).

The only thing that scares me: if ALL couples that are prominently featured on CBS reality shows end up on TAR... especially couples that contain one or two winners of Big Brother or Survivor... having Brendon and Rachel being on a season of TAR in the near future seems a near inevitability, and although I've developed a begrudging respect for her this season, I do NOT look forward to hearing her yell "NOBODY U-turns MY MAN" and I still can't stand Brendon.

chrysana   

The second time around on All-Stars, when Rob was gunning for him because Ethan had hooked up with, and cheated on, Amber and Lex turned on him out of paranoia and Ethan was making cheap shots at Other Jenna (the person with whom he'd cheated on Amber with?) Much more interesting to watch him scramble.

hmmm, I had no idea!

As for previous reality "stars" going on TAR doesn't seem to bother me. Maybe because it's a different game? Maybe it's because there isn't any voting on TAR? I don't know, but I'm good with it. I hate Brendon...but, watching him and Rachel on an upcoming season might be OK.

spartini   

I hate Brendon...but, watching him and Rachel on an upcoming season might be OK.

Word. Think of all the new varities of bush for Rachel to cry in, entertaining AND educational. Good clean family fun, and best of all? No bed tents!

But...Ethan and Jenna. I'm still kind of meh, for now. Though he is adorable.

angelmi   

I Can't stand Brendon but think it would be funny to see Rachel and Jeff do TAR, he had to drag Jordan in his first try. Both Brendon and Jordan want to go to school. Jeff and Rachel are both tough in comps and strong. Plus watching her break down and him having to deal with her would be great.

just saw what thread I was in, I liked Ethan, but not a Jenna fan even when she got naked for peanut butter.

Edited by angelmi