Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Ozzy

chrysana   

I get the reasoning behind Ozzy's idea. In both tribes' minds Christine is a wild card as to which side she'll go to at the merge. Ozzy's plan, if it works, assures them a 6-6 entry to the merge. The problem is all the unknowns...will there be a merge next? Will Ozzy beat out Christine? It's a gutsy move, but he and everyone has to know that Cochrane really doesn't stand a chance at redemption.

Time will tell if this works.

ff174   

The idea is basically correct. The execution to get there is the problem. The myth that one needs to have physical strength to do well in challenges is just that. Mikayla was stronger and more athletic than Christine and lost the challenge. Plus, in that small, enclosed stadium, there is not a lot of running, climbing or even swimming. I checked and here are the Immunity Island Challenges:

Balancing a totem pole

Bean bag toss

Dropping a ball in a metal chute

Shuffleboard

Disassembling a box/build a bridge/solve a puzzle

Who is to say that Ozzy would have won any of those?

All of that being said, in order to keep Jeff's man crush around, I wouldn't put it past the producers to whip out an endurance challenge they have lying around.

Lastly, haven't the morons on Ozzy's tribe recognized one little fact? They've been to every Redemption Island challenge. They should have caught on to the fact that Christine hates her former tribe, and would probably flip at any merge. I'd say a Savaii tribe without Cochrane, plus Christine is far superior.

Edited by ff174

PhilG   

All of that being said, in order to keep Jeff's man crush around, I wouldn't put it past the producers to whip out an endurance challenge they have lying around.

They showed us in the coming attraction what the Redemption Challenge is--if you're not into spoilers I won't comment more except to say it is a challenge they've used before, and it's not endurance.

But they have never done a Redemption challenge that relies solely on strength or speed, because that would (generally speaking) be unfair to women if they have to compete against men. They've always been more about puzzle-solving and/or hand-eye coordination.

chrysana   

The idea is basically correct. The execution to get there is the problem. The myth that one needs to have physical strength to do well in challenges is just that. Mikayla was stronger and more athletic than Christine and lost the challenge. Plus, in that small, enclosed stadium, there is not a lot of running, climbing or even swimming. I checked and here are the Immunity Island Challenges:

Balancing a totem pole

Bean bag toss

Dropping a ball in a metal chute

Shuffleboard

Disassembling a box/build a bridge/solve a puzzle

Who is to say that Ozzy would have won any of those?

That's true but if I had to bet between Ozzy or Cochrane winning any of the above challenges I'd bet on Ozzy hands down. I don't know what skills Cochrane has, as of yet we really haven't seen him contribute to either a physical or mental challenge. His part of the last challenge was untangling (mental/puzzle) and he struggled. Maybe he could pull it off? Who knows?

I think Ozzy took the choice that gave him more control over the situation and went with the best bet as to who could beat Christine.

Lastly, haven't the morons on Ozzy's tribe recognized one little fact? They've been to every Redemption Island challenge. They should have caught on to the fact that Christine hates her former tribe, and would probably flip at any merge. I'd say a Savaii tribe without Cochrane, plus Christine is far superior.

I'm shocked by this one too. Christine has been very vocal about not going back with her old tribe. They should have sent Cochrane to collect wood and had that discussion, sent him to redemption, and take either Christine or Cochrane back into the tribe when the merge comes and the winner of redemption goes back in the game.

Edited by chrysana

ff174   

Good OGG, Ozzy's acting was laughably bad. Albert figured it out in about 10 seconds flat. And, if it were true that Cochrane used the idol, why would be the bad guy?

Shut up, you little fucking turd.

MrsGryn   

I think the real Ozzy was the guy who totally lost it after they lost the rope challenge last week. The angry, tantrum having, kicking dick who was acting out like a child on a playground. Also he must be the worst actor ever.

michal   

Wish I could have seen his hissy fit after Cochran didn't play by HIS rules! I'll bet it was a doozy! Plus it made his "big move" totally worthless.

ff174   

Good god the fucking producers of this show love this little turd. All that majestic music playing while he was hunting fish was nauseating. Then they punctuate his King Turdness by telling him to shimmy up a tree and stand on the top so he can proclaim his victory over nature. I half expected him to yell out "I am King of Redemption Island."

Music swelling ... helicopters circling ... King Turd pontificating.

Seriously, you little turd, shut the hell up.

Oh, and it's "who has back-stabbed whom," not "who," you fuckwit.

I hope he chokes on a poisonous fish.

Edited by ff174

gforce   

My only hope is that the editing is setting him up for some major fall, but I doubt it. It was all a bit much, no question. It's his own idiot fault for being there after volunteering to go the fist time. I suppose the producers think it makes DOOG TV though.

Good god the fucking producers of this show love this little turd. All that majestic music playing while he was hunting fish was nauseating. Then they punctuate his King Turdness by telling him to shimmy up a tree and stand on the top so he can proclaim his victory over nature. I half expected him to yell out "I am King of Redemption Island."

Music swelling ... helicopters circling ... King Turd pontificating.

Seriously, you little turd, shut the hell up.

Oh, and it's "who has back-stabbed whom," not "who," you fuckwit.

I hope he chokes on a poisonous fish.

I'm just gonna agree with all of this and add that I kept hoping he would fall out of the tree. Are we supposed to believe that wasn't a 100% producer set up shot? Cuz, yeah, I'm not that stupid.

tlh9   

Actually, with Ozzy's ego, I actually *could* see it being his idea. The way he is, he probably really does do things like that anyway... and it could've just as easily been his idea as the producers in my book!