Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Coach

buffyvol   

Oh Ben, I have this gut feeling that the reason people have looked down on you all your life isn't because you are vastly superior to them. Unless he was going for "vastly superior "douche noozle" and that part was edited out

spartini   

I'm just glad a bit of old Ben slipped out in that conversation with Cochrane though, he was becoming tolerable and that's just not acceptable.

ff174   

As Jeff said, if you want to compete, compete you dillhole. Otherwise, shut it.

Warrior, my ass.

Edited by ff174

michal   

I just didn't get why Benjamin felt they needed to compete in the immunity challenge. It didn't matter who won, it only mattered which of the other 2 was sent packing. Why not jump at the chance to eat (even if it was donuts - UGH!). There was no reason for them to compete, let alone "as a tribe".

PhilG   

It was 100% face-saving...he wanted to eat as much as the rest of them, but this way he could say "well, if it was up to ME....," make it seem like he's strong and the others are soft, and still get his donut.

michal   

I'm thinking Coach is getting a winner's edit. Every exit interview from those voted off on the podcasts I've listened to say he was annoying & had those same crazy insane stories. This makes me think they are editing him to be more likable.

gforce   

In all these discussions about turning the game around, why is no one talking about getting rid of COACH? These people - argh!! Stupid sheep.

spartini   

Obviously it's silly (and often stupid) to draw any conclusions from the next time clips at the end of the show, however, the "Zeus" moment is too horrific/hilarious/what the hell to not comment on now, and next week, and hopefully the following week. Even though I'm terrified that Benjamin is getting the hero's edit, as mentioned up thread, but so long as the editors let moments like "Zeus" slip through it will dull the pain of a Benjamin victory.

Yes, why isn't Benjamin an option to vote out? Why keep him? Honor? integrity? Because they're a family? Fine, once they get rid of Cochrane they're going to have to begin eating their own. I swear, if Benjamin pulls a Boston Rob out of his ass they need to stop bring people back because it's starting to reek of coincidence.

PhilG   

Doesn't he still have the idol? And don't they all know that? I've never understood the "Oh...he has an idol so we can't vote him out" strategy. Seems to me if I know a guy has it he's the first one I vote out--either he plays it or he's gone...either way it's out of play. Especially since they don't seem to be replacing them this season once they're played.

ff174   

Well, Benji almost got it right. Shakespeare wrote:

" There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries "

Benji said:

"There is a tide that comes in the lives of men, that when taken leads to great fortune. But when omitted, all the rest of their lives are bound in shadows and misery."

Except for the shadows bit, he got the sentiment right.

He's still a grade A putz.

spartini   

The fact that he misquotes Shakespeare only adds to my Benjamin loathing. But I can't help but feel sorry for him, what a sad shell of a man who feels it necessary and more shockingly, appropriate to behave the way he does. At first it was annoying and grating, but now it's just sad. I hope I'm wrong, I hope he's happy and fulfilled when outside of the game, surrounded by family and friends who love and support him. As for EVER appearing on Survivor again? No, please no.

No matter what he's saying, it just always sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher to me when words flow from his lips.