MrsGryn

House Analysis and Discussion

Shannon   

Personally I don't think Jordan grew up in bubble, I think she understands liars very well, in fact she has a knack for seeing such things, the fact that Shelly out played her in that is to Shelly's credit as a gamer. Jordan is not that innocent, she's a grown woman who got mad as hell when she got out played, just like any other hammie who has lost their cool when defeated in a game play. I find it rather insulting to Jordan's intelligence to talk about her like she's not capable of being in the 'real world'. She's not a brain in the sense of being smart but she's no dummy without a clue who has to be handled with care and given special privileges or she might not make it. Jeff just has Jordan convinced that they had people in their back pocket and that Shelly wouldn't dare play against them. Jeff also seemed to have Jordan convinced that he was going to win. Now Jordan is on her own again, let's see if she can bring it, let's not treat her with kid gloves, that would be going back to saying that Jordan never really won anything, she was given everything, and I find that to be another insult to her capabilities as an adult person playing a game.

sbell111   

A couple thoughts:

1. Hammies from previous seasons also had plenty of people hate them.
  2. Even in this thread, we see some people spew hate that I, personally, cannot see aligned to hammie-reality. It's not so surprising to see it spewed even worse in a medium that's pretty much unregulated.

Edited by sbell111

sim37   

Even in this thread, we see some people spew hate that I, personally, cannot see aligned to hammie-reality. It's not so surprising to see it spewed even worse in a medium that's pretty much unregulated.

Exactly. When you see the intense dislike a mere television personality can evoke out of people in a relatively civil place like this, you'd think the person they've never met had personally kicked their dog or loved ones. So it's not surprising to me that it could escalate to blind mob-mentality somewhere else. Disappointing but not surprising.

Unfortunately, Maisie, I think your absolutely right. Survivor started that trend and BB has had a good ratings success following the pattern - a mostly newbie cast spiked with big personality veterans. I also think we are going to see more and more production involvement in shaping competitions and situations in a way that keeps the most popular players (heroes and villains) in the game longer. While this seems to work well for TV only fans, I think dedicated feeders are going to hate it.

As for Shelly, I'm in the camp of people that believe there is nothing wrong with playing the manipulation game but find it strange not to come clean about it in the DR and makes me wonder if you aren't some sort of self-delusional hypocrite. It could also be an example where Shelly just feel into playing that kind of game as she became more and more demoralized about her ability to win a competition.

I think the Newbies (and I would include Dani in this group), as a whole and from early on, were over-concerned with F2/F3 deals as well jury votes. Maybe that was because the vets dominated the early HOH competitions and lost hope of actually winning competitions down the stretch.

Even in this thread, we see some people spew hate that I, personally, cannot see aligned to hammie-reality. It's not so surprising to see it spewed even worse in a medium that's pretty much unregulated.

Exactly. When you see the intense dislike a mere television personality can evoke out of people in a relatively civil place like this, you'd think the person they've never met had personally kicked their dog or loved ones. So it's not surprising to me that it could escalate to blind mob-mentality somewhere else. Disappointing but not surprising.

We all know people in our personal lives that are similar to each of the hammies. I obviously see Dani as the only personality type that I loathe. And given the opportunity, I am sure that Dani would want to kick my dog, she will talk about kicking my dog behind my back but if I were anywhere in sight she would run and hide instead.

It's similar to the person who drives in the left hand lane at all times because frankly that is where they want to be and could care less about their surroundings or others. That is why we hate in my opinion.

I have no problem with Shelly however I would never associate with her in business, because she certaily demonstrated that she would do anything for her family. I could never trust her to take care of me properly as a customer or client.

hefgypsy   

I agree that manipulation is a BIG part of this game. That's why we all loved Dr. Will. With Shelly, her inability to come clean in the DR as well as the fact she never knows when to tone it down is why she is not the player that she thinks she is.

Also - my motto: never trust a woman with NO ASS. (LOL)

hefgypsy, I agree with you and loved the no ass comment. At this point, I can not see her having any chance to redeem herself to win but if Jordan makes it to the final, I think she will vote for her.

Can you tell me that she doesn't deserve to win over Kalia or Porsche?

They have three HoH wins and a veto between the two of them, while Shelly has nothing. That being said I'm not a believer in the whole "you have to win competitions" thinking either and can recognize Shelly's superior "mental" gameplay. But with people like Rachel and Brendon voting its going to be all about what you did in competitions. The only person she would have a shot at beating would be Rachel and that would be a stretch because she would have to sway Adam or Jeff.

Bboxer   

The Hammie DR moments are everything!

How much would people love Brittany without the DR segments? (she was epic. "HELP. ME.") Also I remember hating Ivette in Season 6, but she was GOLD in the DR, and that made me hate her less...I think. She was funny.

Shelly has failed to own the DR, and that is why she sucks.

angelmi   

What lie has Jordan told? Who did she betray? I don't know how Rachel is so close to them after they voted out Brendon and Would have voted out Rachel this time if Shelly had not betrayed them. Rachel is just totally desperate for a win and a friend she is not saying much about it.

Love the picture of Jeff and Jordan on the front of the Feeds, hated the one of Brendon and Adam.

Shannon   

I always thought had Ivette not drank the Cappy Koolaid that she would have been on the Jedi side but she wanted to be with the 'girls of Cappy' so badly she couldn't think straight.

I hated Britney when she was in the whiny bad girl club with Monet, and I still hate Monetn but Brit became so very funny, and if she hadn't been drinking the Lane Koolaid, she might have won.

Many a woman has lost this game because they fell for some guy who used them or gave them bad advice. Women like that bug the crap out of me. Play your own game, you are not there to get laid, find boyfriends or make friends, you are there to lie, steal and bulldoze your way to a half a million.

Jeff and Jordan are still lying to Rachel, Rachel still doesn't know that she was not told the truth, that Jeff gave that corn hole game to Adam and that he and Jordan at that point had no intention of keeping Brenda in the game. They both lied to Dani about keeping her in the game. Jordan knows how to lie to keep in the game, she's not hampered by some inability to lie and make game moves. Jordan has drank the Jeff Koolaid in both their seasons, and both times she's played better without him there. Also Jordan, with Jeff, had no intention of taking Shelly past F5, because they were always going to take Adam and Retched. And had it been Jordan who screwed over Shelly first, everyone would be saying what a great move Jordan made and not talking about how awful she is to have used poor Shelly that way, like the crap Shelly is getting now.

During Brendon's second eviction week, I recall that J/J told Brenchel that they were going to have to vote him out if they could not flip the vote. It was pretty obvious that they wanted Brenchel and why would they not. They certainly could beat them in the final two vote. Jeff would have wanted to take them as far as possible because Brendon was a bigger target than him as well.

As far as lying to Rachel, Jeff did not want to antagonize Rachel. Throwing the veto competition was a non-factor in Brendon's eviction that is the difference. Jeff played the game as competitively as he could but he is no way a backstabber. His intentions are pretty straight forward. I can't call him a great BB player but I can give him credit for being an asshole.

Everyone in the house knew that Dani could not be trusted as she is a transparent piece of lying garbage. She was such a poor game player that she could not hide that sour puss fact. Hiding the fact that Dani was the true target of Jeff, is just a basic simple game move that has been repeated a million times. Dani already had tried to backdoor him, if he ignored that fact then we would justifiably be saying that it was such a stupid game to believe her.

Dani's blunders, lack of social game and inability to hide her intentions, required her to me voted off. Jeff was a physical threat and could only stay if J/J/R won every competition. Shelly has played the game, if she had been shown to be more lucid about her game in DR, she would probably not be receiving all the misplaced hatred.

Dr Will was and is an arrogant ass however he is clever, funny and skillfully played the game of Big Brother. Evel D is an a-hole however he also managed to win regardless if America's vote kept him in the house for drama. These types of games need to be respected. BB players like Eric the weasel, Ronnie and Dani have only demonstrated that they are social pariahs that should be ignored at all costs and impossible to respect.

Someone like Dani is just so useless. She has PROVEN to just be a vile, self-indulgent soulless loser. Even with that said, if she demonstrated any serious game playing, like Shelly then I would not be hating on her. Without the game playing and the constant, constant, constant simple mean girl mentality outside the context of being game play, I have no use for that piece of trash.

angelmi   

Yes I don't like that Jordan has not come clean with Rachel that Jeff threw the corn hole game but they both voted for their men. Even though they are vets and they were asked to come back the last minute, Jordan is still lost here with all these liars. She had never watched BB before her first season and still does not get the game. But I would rather her be here then Shelly.